Benzene and gasohol prices increase by about 4 baht per litre in May

webfact

image.jpeg

Retail prices of benzene and all types of gasohol have increased eight times during May, by a combined total of 4 baht per litre, with the only price drop being on May 12th.

The latest price increase came into effect this morning (Saturday), as prices of benzene and gasohol increased by 40 satang/litre to 51.26 baht/litre for benzene, 43.85 baht/litre for gasohol 95, 43.58 baht/litre for gasohol 91 and 42.74 baht/litre for gasohol E20. The diesel price remains unchanged at 31.94 baht/litre until Sunday.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

According to the Ministry of Energy, it is likely that the price of diesel will increase next week, as the current price is still below the 35-baht/litre ceiling.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/benzene-and-gasohol-prices-increase-by-about-4-baht-per-litre-in-may/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-05-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SpaceKadet said:

Benzene? Like in C6H6? Or do they really mean gasoline.

It's usually used to refer to the no-ethanol 95 rather than the regular E10 95 (gasohol).

As @KhunBENQ notes above it is becoming a rare beast, our local PTT no longer sells it. I like it in the genset as it keeps better than the ethanol fuels, so I swap out the genny fuel every 6 months or so (use it in the mower) and put in new.

The stuff with the yellow tag 3 from the bottom @51.26 Baht

Updated price table here https://www.pttor.com/th/oil_price_board?lang=en

image.png.20b5da8bd8396b7043b7711db9eb8672.png

• Thanks 1

When the prices are so high, I am surprised that Thais don't drive at a more economical speed. One US government website which I looked at said that driving at 110 kph rather that 80 kph (I converted from mph) uses 25% more fuel, but when I drive at 85 kph on a highway, everyone is whizzing by (with the exception of the trucks, of course).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

It's usually used to refer to the no-ethanol 95 rather than the regular E10 95 (gasohol).

As @KhunBENQ notes above it is becoming a rare beast, our local PTT no longer sells it. I like it in the genset as it keeps better than the ethanol fuels, so I swap out the genny fuel every 6 months or so (use it in the mower) and put in new.

The stuff with the yellow tag 3 from the bottom @51.26 Baht

Updated price table here https://www.pttor.com/th/oil_price_board?lang=en

image.png.20b5da8bd8396b7043b7711db9eb8672.png

What’s the difference between the two 95’s ( the orange and the yellow ) ?

I use PTT stations and fill up with the orange 95, don’t remember seeing the yellow one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

What’s the difference between the two 95’s ( the orange and the yellow ) ?

I use PTT stations and fill up with the orange 95, don’t remember seeing the yellow one.

The bottom two (expensive) options Diesel B7 and Gasohol 95 are the premium "Super Power" blends.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

The bottom two (expensive) options Diesel B7 and Gasohol 95 are the premium "Super Power" blends.

Okay thanks Crossy, have seen the Super Power at Shell and Esso, the price usually frightens me away .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

No they mean petrol :cheesy: Or fuel? Or gas?

Please not another round of English variants (not my language).

It's some liquid filled in tanks of otto engine powered vehicles so to say.

In my language it's called Benzin.

And to add: Benzene has become a rare species in Thailand. Almost all cars run on gasohol.

No English variant. Benzene is a chemical compound, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzene

and a large component of Gasoline (or petrol if you like). Gas in this context is just American short for Gasoline.

Really its just a matter of cutting your cloth---or choosing the vehicle that will give you

best return for your money---this family of 6 seems to have it worked out.

image.png.0d089fdd5f374fb317c0391097013592.png

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 12:43 PM, FriendlyFarang said:

Probably because somebody wrongfully told her so and she believes it.

Happens here, they (guys working in a bike shop) told me to use 95 in my little scooter, despite the fact I had been using 91 gasohol for 14 years! I was actually doing just that and recently had problems with how it was running. They drained my tank and found a cupful of water in each liter of my gasohol 95!