Prachuap readies for resumption of nightlife, new ‘blue zone’ from June 1

webfact

image.jpeg

File photo

By Online Reporter

Provincial officials have been putting the final preparations in place for the resumption of nightlife from June 1.

From Wednesday, many bars, pubs, karaoke venues and other night spots will be able to reopen throughout Prachuap Khiri Khan following an easing of the restrictions put in place to limit the spread of COVID-19.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

For some nightspots, June 1 will be the first time they have been allowed to open in two years.

Last week, Mr. Sathien Charoenruen, Governor of Prachuap Khiri Khan Province said that the province has integrated all relevant agencies to prepare information for the opening of nightlife, in accordance with the government policy that will also see the whole of Prachuap Khiri Khan classed as a ‘blue zone’ area.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/prachuap-readies-for-resumption-of-nightlife-new-blue-zone-from-june-1/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-05-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

I am still wondering why mask wearing is being promoted if the bars and entertainment venues are going to open....I see people on motorcycles alone riding with a mask but no helmet...or people alone in the car with a mask on.... How crazy ....... Go back to normal and let the peole now decide to wear a mask when and where..  According to the official numbers athere are almost no cases anymore...Stop controlling the people and this madness 

Edited by ikke1959

54 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I am still wondering why mask wearing is being promoted if the bars and entertainment venues are going to open....I see people on motorcycles alone riding with a mask but no helmet...or people alone in the car with a mask on.... How crazy ....... Go back to normal and let the peole now decide to wear a mask when and where..  According to the official numbers athere are almost no cases anymore...Stop controlling the people and this madness 

But that is what they are doing. Many provinces are letting the mask go from the 1st next month.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

From Wednesday, many bars, pubs, karaoke venues and other night spots will be able to reopen throughout Prachuap Khiri Khan following an easing of the restrictions put in place to limit the spread of COVID-19.

Operate under their real licence, ie a bar is a bar etc

but close at midnight, I guess is better than nothing.

Having said that I do know many who didn't venture out until 22:00/23:00 when bars were open to 02:00 or later.

People will adjust and start out earlier.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

information for the opening of nightlife,

From the link:

"and that such venues must close at 24:00"

IMO not good news for night spots/clubs that come alive around midnight. Should they be called "Evening Clubs"??

5 hours ago, DezLez said:

Where are they listed?

Just heard that from my wife as she read the Thai news. However our province is free from the 1st. You can always check with the village head or municipality wherever you are in this beautiful country ???? 

• Haha 1