stv visa , 60 day hotel booking ?

i have filled out the stv visa and said i was staying with my girlfriends family . they have asked for confirmation details of hotel accomation for the duration of stay

i was going to book a flat for the first month . will this suffice ?

if not ,what options do i have as i was going to stay at my girlfriends familys house after the first month

thanks

Hi, I've received 2 STVs and here's my experience:

My flight booking and insurance on both occasions was 90 days. I tried both times to book (and pay) hotel for only 30 day and 45 days (after quarantine, but you don't need to mind that). I got heavy declined both times, they even called one time, stressing that hotel was needed to be booked and paid for the whole trip. I tried to reason that being a tourist includes some variability. They wouldn't have it so I just used Booking/Hotels.com and made a 90 day straight reservation on both times. Of course canceled everything the day they approved the STV.  

16 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Hi, I've received 2 STVs and here's my experience:

My flight booking and insurance on both occasions was 90 days. I tried both times to book (and pay) hotel for only 30 day and 45 days (after quarantine, but you don't need to mind that). I got heavy declined both times, they even called one time, stressing that hotel was needed to be booked and paid for the whole trip. I tried to reason that being a tourist includes some variability. They wouldn't have it so I just used Booking/Hotels.com and made a 90 day straight reservation on both times. Of course canceled everything the day they approved the STV.  

thanks very much @aldriglikvid

that's a big help. i was going to just book the first month but i had a feeling they wouldn't be happy with that .  so did you get the 60 day visa and then extend for 30 days ?

i'm guessing you can't get the 90 days before you travel from what i have read and been told, unless something has changed

?

8 hours ago, brendan3150 said:

thanks very much @aldriglikvid

that's a big help. i was going to just book the first month but i had a feeling they wouldn't be happy with that .  so did you get the 60 day visa and then extend for 30 days ?

i'm guessing you can't get the 90 days before you travel from what i have read and been told, unless something has changed

?

Not really sure I understand you here. The STV gives you 90 days on entry and you can extend that twice (2x90 days more). 

for me and from usa  trying to do stv   i got all docs   but they didn't want me staying at my wife house))   ...   others here had good ideas ... book cancel     

but don't put family home down     ( maybe uk is different)

1.  Is STV different than tourist visa.......I applied to LOS ANGELES consulate for tourist visa. Im thinking tourist visa gets 60 days.

2.  I booked on Expedia Hostel for  2 weeks?  Any idea if Los Ang. ok with that?

3.  If im declined do i just start all over again?

3 minutes ago, Marky Mark Mark said:

1.  Is STV different than tourist visa.......I applied to LOS ANGELES consulate for tourist visa. Im thinking tourist visa gets 60 days.

2.  I booked on Expedia Hostel for  2 weeks?  Any idea if Los Ang. ok with that?

3.  If im declined do i just start all over again?

1. A STV (special tourist visa) is not the same as a standard tourist visa that allows a 60 day stay. With a STV you get a 90 entry that can be extended twice for 90 days.

2. A single entry tourist visa does not require proof of accommodations. I could not open the LA consulate website.

See this page on the embassy website. https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/

3. You will do the application on the e visa website. https://thaievisa.go.th/

If the application is not accepted you would be able do it again.

Certain Embassy's.. I'll say in Europe.. where Pizza is famous, dont even take accept a Blue Book (House/Condo Ownership).

So a friend did as some replied, 30 days booking at a hostel/hotel, and then refunded after arrival (during Quarantine).

They (Embassy) said 30d was sufficient, no need for 45/60.  Depends on each.
He was getting the STV to be perfectly clear.

Or can refund just before you fly out, but after you get your Visa stamped, if no Quarantine -- which is more likely the case for people.

Embassy in Canada accepted/accepts a Blue Book.

Edited by matador007