Hair cutting at Thai schools: Student attacks teacher at Loei school

webfact

45 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yes I am well aware we are not in the US. This thread is about Thailand and it may have escaped your attention that there are a lot of guns here and people get shot here for very minor reasons. 

I recall two in the last week. One because some guys turned up in a noisy cement truck and another because a stranger asked someone for a beer. Again, not in the US. In Thailand.

You may also be aware that loss of face is no joke here. Forcibly cutting the hair of someone's child in front of their classmates would fall into that bracket so my point is maybe it would be prudent to stop this humiliating practice before a parent having a bad day turns up at the schoolgates and fixes the problem themselves, Thai style.

Take a deep breath.....    I should have used an emoticon to highlight my ‘jibe at the US’ for their disproportionate and outrageous number of shootings, particularly school shootings (27 so far this year)...

And of course, I agree...  events such as this can trigger disproportionate and extreme acts of anger, revenge and violence. 

• Like 2