1 year, Multi Entry Non-O

Savannakhet issue multi entry 1 year Non-O visa based on marriage, cost ฿5000

Not sure of the documents required post Covid-19 and border reopening

Edited by ozfarang
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, up-country_sinclair said:

Does anyone know if Vietnam or Singapore still issue them?

The consulate in Ho Chi Minh City may be issuing them again but I have not seen any reports of anybody getting one yet.

For Savannakhet you could fly to Nakhon Phanom and then get a taxi or other transport to Mukdahan. Or fly to here in Ubon and get a van to there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For Savannakhet you could fly to Nakhon Phanom and then get a taxi or other transport to Mukdahan. Or fly to here in Ubon and get a van to there.

Also, Air Asia has restarted their fly-ride service from Don Muang to Mukdahan which is quite convenient for the return. For travelling to Mukdahan, although I dislike long bus journeys, the overnight bus from Morchit to Mukdahan connects so well with the international bus to near the consulate in Savannakhet that it has usually been my choice. The fly-ride service arrives too late to make the visa application the same day. [For the moment, Nok Air has no convenient fly-ride service to Mukdahan, though they were the better choice pre Covid. While cheap, their journey durations and timing are horrible]

EDIT: Technically, it is possible to fly to Savannakhet. Lao Airlines flies there. However, there currently appear to be no convenient connections. Also, fares are astronomical.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, up-country_sinclair said:

I checked the website for the Ho Chi Minh consulate, and it seems they're only issuing 3 month Non-O based on marriage.  I can't say how current that info on the website is.

That has been mentioned before. But it does mention a multiple entry visa on their fee schedule.

They were issuing them before. I think they will issue them but nobody has reported getting one recently.

There's no confirmation that the Thai missions in Savanaket and Ho Chi Minh City are issuing anything other than a 3-month multi-entry Non-O for those with a Thai spouse.

The wording on both Consulate's web sites was ambiguous. It seemed a poor edit of the pre-existing (one year multi available) rules and the new regulations (only 90-days single-entry available).

Right now, the Savanakhet Consulate English web page is under (re)construction. Hopefully clarity will eventually transpire. (I haven't checked the HCMC website.)

They can be contacted at [email protected]

Edited by NanLaew

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

There's no confirmation that the Thai missions in Savanaket and Ho Chi Minh City are issuing anything other than a 3-month multi-entry Non-O for those with a Thai spouse.

The wording on both Consulate's web sites was ambiguous. It seemed a poor edit of the pre-existing (one year multi available) rules and the new regulations (only 90-days single-entry available).

Right now, the Savanakhet Consulate English web page is under (re)construction. Hopefully clarity will eventually transpire. (I haven't checked the HCMC website.)

They can be contacted at [email protected]

Savannakhet website dated 1st June 2022 visa price list..

https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/page/visa-fee?menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b4004542

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

There has been a post by a member that got a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet recently. 

• Like 2

On 6/4/2022 at 12:09 PM, transam said:

Savannakhet website dated 1st June 2022 visa price list..

https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/page/visa-fee?menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b4004542

Good news.

Their own visa information page doesn't mention a 1-year multi Non-O for 5000 baht so a link to the thread or post where this has been claimed would be good as it may have some more specifics that remove any ambiguity.

https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/non-immigrant-visa-o-visiting-family-member-of-a-thai-nationality-a-sp?page=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453e&menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b4004569

Edited by NanLaew

33 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Good news.

Their own visa information page doesn't mention a 1-year multi Non-O for 5000 baht so a link to the thread or post where this has been claimed would be good as it may have some more specifics that remove any ambiguity.

https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/non-immigrant-visa-o-visiting-family-member-of-a-thai-nationality-a-sp?page=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453e&menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b4004569

Look at the date...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:
1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Good news.

Look at the date...

So? They've also said they were going to open up earlier but like Thailand, changed the dates.

Look at the page I linked to. No mention of any 1-year multi Non-O. Only the 3-month multi Non-O. It's still ambiguous.

Non - Immigrant Visa "O" (Visiting family member of a Thai nationality, a spouse of Thai national)

Non-Immigrant Visa "O" is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for the purpose of visiting family member of a Thai nationality, a spouse of Thai national. The validity of visa is 3 months. The permitted length of stay is up to 90 days from the date of arrival in Thailand.

Required documents

1. Visa application form [Download] which is completely filled out and signed by the applicant
  2. Original and a copy of passport or travel document (must not expire within 180 days and contain at least two complete empty visa pages)
  3. Two (2) photos of the applicant (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within 6 months)
  4. Original and a copy of marriage certificate (for spouse/parent) or birth certificate (for child).
  5. A copy of Thai identification card (for spouse/parent)
  6. A copy of passport (for spouse/parent)
  7. A copy of Thai House registration
  8. Visa Fee: 2,000 Baht (Single Entry)

Notes:

• Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
  • Visa Fee must be paid in Thai Baht only, Visa Fees are not refundable in any cases.
  • Legal migration procedures: In case a false or forged document is submitted in the framework of a visa application the visa will be refused and may be prosecuted.
  • The applicant must sign on each page of copies of documents.

If there is a recent post from a member that says they got a 1-year multi Non-O very recently in Savanakhet, I'll go with that once I see it.

I'm half-way through my current 1-year extension but I will be in and out of the country so, like before Covid, it's a better fit for me. I was on the cusp of getting one in Savanakhet in March 2020 when they changed the rules about a PCR test just as we were queuing up at the window. Apparently they were the only Thai Consulate to pull this? Vietnam pulled the shutters down on foreigners three days later so Plan B was scuppered.