Im not sure why some expats behave like this.

18 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Staying On Topic ... that's why I'm so happy to be here, as nobody carries guns, and bringing my blade to a gunfight, just makes sense.

No that don't make sense. Nobody carries guns are you joking ? 30% more guns here per capita than the USA !

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

Still I don't know what "the RTP" is.

Seriously ... ????

Royal Thai Police

BIB - Boys in Brown ... just in case someone uses that.

PoPo if from the hood ... what up dog.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:55 PM, Eaglekott said:

Agree, I think he gave it ge get rid of her.

giving to get rid of them doesn't work on Asia, as your friend found out they come back wanting more or they tell their friends and then you get mobbed by a group of kids. 

In Thailand all is often not as it appears.

The girl may have a reason for being upset as the farang refused to take the candy. You have to realise that the gang she works for will not let her go home untill the candy is all gone. She wants rid of it so she can go home.

The reverse can also happen. I met a girl selling Kanom (cakes) and offered to buy the lot! She replied, "if you buy all, then I will have nothing left to sell."

Inverse Thai logic. It does your head in to think about it.

Amazing Thailand.

Beggars in Bangkok have always been run by gangs. Very few independents. This 10-year old was obviously not going to school next day.

Okay, we're not like India--that's just scary. But it's far better to appear cheap. My strategy is to pick one beggar I like--a thalidomide-handicapped woman on Sukhumvit (been there at least 20 years).

Sounds like the girl didn't like the idea of getting the 100 Baht for nothing and was insisting on the friend taking the candy.  Maybe, if she is really working with "handlers", there will be trouble for her if the money and candy doesn't balance.  Maybe she simply didn't feel like being treated like a charity case when she wanted to work for the money.

The other foreigner, perhaps thinking that the friend had promised money rather than giving it, entered "White knight mode" and thought he was standing up for the girl.  Alcohol and stupidity preventing him from listening to anything your friend said.

On 6/3/2022 at 2:04 PM, KhunLA said:

See, now originally, I was going to add, 'that's why the 2nd Amend. is needed in USA', but thought way off topic, and would (will) get deleted.

But now as a follow up to your reply....seems appropriate.

Staying On Topic ... that's why I'm so happy to be here, as nobody carries guns, and bringing my blade to a gunfight, just makes sense.

At night time, we hunker down in our walled bunker ... ????

plenty of people carry guns here in Thailand but thankfully us farang are rarely on the receiving end unless we really ask for it. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 11:48 AM, Eaglekott said:

I think this little girl learned yesterday that if she is annoying enough she will get some money, and if she continue to be even more annoying she will get more.

you're kinda new at this aren't you? she would have been taught that by her parents/minder. agree probably got more street smarts than all the farang at the bar put together LOL.

as for why the other dude acted like a nutjob, is that even a serious question? he obviously had some anger issues and your mate getting annoyed at the little kid because he doesn't know how to play the game set him off. 

maybe you should stay off the Suk until you and your mate are a little bit more acclimatised.

9 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

you're kinda new at this aren't you? she would have been taught that by her parents/minder. agree probably got more street smarts than all the farang at the bar put together LOL.

as for why the other dude acted like a nutjob, is that even a serious question? he obviously had some anger issues and your mate getting annoyed at the little kid because he doesn't know how to play the game set him off. 

He was just a pi$$ed up d!<k head.. they don't need an excuse... 

9 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

maybe you should stay off the Suk until you and your mate are a little bit more acclimatised.

As if Sukhumvit is gangland and the the guy has to harden up before ventures in the hard areas you thrive in.... ????

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

He was just a pi$$ed up d!<k head.. they don't need an excuse... 

As if Sukhumvit is gangland and the the guy has to harden up before ventures in the hard areas you thrive in.... ????

of course Sukhumvit is gangland, it's run by the biggest gang in town.

but seriously, anywhere in this city where farang congregate and drink alcohol has the potential to turn ugly. except maybe the Hi-So places but you never know. too many unhappy souls and as they say, in vino veritas.

sometimes you just have to pay up and move on when a nutter turns up, even if it is your "local" or your favourite bar. that's easier said than done of course, some nutters come across as really nice people until the alkyhol kicks in and they turn from Mr Hyde into Jekyll. that happened to me a few weeks ago on PP2 but since I was drunk too I ignored my own rule and stayed at the bar until closing. thankfully the nutter didn't kick off and I still have all my teeth ????

1 hour ago, Eaglekott said:

Interesting to see the question turned from what the other foreigner did to my friend into a thread about how my friend treated the under aged girl.

your friend was in the wrong. deal with it.