AIS simcard not receiving international SMS

mahtin

Need to validate my Xiaomi phone for Xiaomi, which involves them sending  an SMS from China. It doesn't arrive, so can't enter the OTP.

Previously had the same problem, not receiving SMS from Germany.

Could this be resolved by changing anything, maybe different plan, like Mao Mao?

Have 200 Baht validity, about to expire in 2 days. Mao Mao extends validity?

Otherwise, received a new prepaid True SIM with the phone. Could put some money in that.

Xiaomi's procedure requires mobile data active and wifi off, apparently.

19 minutes ago, norbra said:

Try *731*1#

It is a code I have used in the past to turn on AIS sms messages.

My plan is Mao Mao it must be 10 years since I used the code,If this fails try *731*2# from memory it turns sms off

I am sceptic. I searched about *731 and what I find, says "*731*1#" turns off paid SMS subscriptions ? Sounds like a different topic?

Some three months ago I had the similar problem not receiving an SMS from a German bank. Cost me a lot of trouble with activating their safety feature on a new mobile phone (in the end had a letter to be sent).

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Phone AIS 1175, find your way to an operator, maybe something needs to be switched on

Later maybe.

Have till 7 pm, as there is a limit of 3 attempts, after which wait 24 hours.

39 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I am sceptic. I searched about *731 and what I find, says "*731*1#" turns off paid SMS subscriptions ? Sounds like a different topic?

Some three months ago I had the similar problem not receiving an SMS from a German bank. Cost me a lot of trouble with activating their safety feature on a new mobile phone (in the end had a letter to be sent).

some verification sms appear as a premium sms, so not included in your standard plan so it could be related to turning of and on of subscriptions feature 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mahtin said:

Need to validate my Xiaomi phone for Xiaomi, which involves them sending  an SMS from China. It doesn't arrive, so can't enter the OTP.

Previously had the same problem, not receiving SMS from Germany.

Could this be resolved by changing anything, maybe different plan, like Mao Mao?

Have 200 Baht validity, about to expire in 2 days. Mao Mao extends validity?

Otherwise, received a new prepaid True SIM with the phone. Could put some money in that.

Xiaomi's procedure requires mobile data active and wifi off, apparently.

SIM validity will expire? Why not top up 10 + 2 baht for another month, at a Boontherm device?

You can repeat until you have twelve months of validity. Will cost you 24 baht in total, with the rest(120 baht) added as credit on the SIM.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Phone AIS 1175, find your way to an operator, maybe something needs to be switched on

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Why not phone them? it's free

OK, just did it.

They called me back after about 10 minutes, said they checked their records and the SMS was received last night, but as it didn't find its way from them to me there is a problem with the SIM card. I need to go to an AIS shop, get a replacement card and get my number transferred to it.

Actually I was impressed (or will be if that solution works.)

Now to check the app for shop locations closer than Khon Kaen city.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

SIM validity will expire? Why not top up 10 + 2 baht for another month, at a Boontherm device?

You can repeat until you have twelve months of validity. Will cost you 24 baht in total, with the rest(120 baht) added as credit on the SIM.

Asked the wife. She doesn't know how. Just gives her phone to the 7 clerk and pays.

2 minutes ago, mahtin said:

Asked the wife. She doesn't know how. Just gives her phone to the 7 clerk and pays.

Impossible. 7-11 don't do AIS top-ups. ???? 

How is it possible that your wife does not know about these?

spacer.png

You press the touchscreen; choose English(forget about your wife), Choose the Mobile Top-up icon, input your number and then choose the 10 baht top up option.

It will ask you to insert 12 baht. Insert a 100 baht note and it will deduct 12 baht from it. You won't get any change, but don't worry about that.

Choose the Mobile Top-up icon again, input your number and then choose the 10 baht top up option. This time it will show you that you have 88 baht to utilise and deduct the next 12 baht from that. Repeat until all the credit is used up other than 4 baht. You can add another 40 baht in order to have 12 transactions, taking you up to 12 months of validity for 144 baht. 120 baht as phone credit with 24 baht in fess.

Enjoy ???? 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Impossible. 7-11 don't do AIS top-ups. ???? 

How is it possible that your wife does not know about these?

spacer.png

You press the touchscreen; choose English(forget about your wife), Choose the Mobile Top-up icon, input your number and then choose the 10 baht top up option.

It will ask you to insert 12 baht. Insert a 100 baht note and it will deduct 12 baht from it. You won't get any change, but don't worry about that.

Choose the Mobile Top-up icon again, input your number and then choose the 10 baht top up option. This time it will show you that you have 88 baht to utilise and deduct the next 12 baht from that. Repeat until all the credit is used up other than 4 baht. You can add another 40 baht in order to have 12 transactions, taking you up to 12 months of validity for 144 baht. 120 baht as phone credit with 24 baht in fess.

Enjoy ???? 

Amazing. Thanks.

Will it accept just 12 Baht in coins?

Have 160 Baht credit already, don't use it much.

Wife probably topping up her True SIM.

4 minutes ago, mahtin said:

Amazing. Thanks.

Yes, but then you will only have one month of validity and will have to repeat the whole thing again every month.

Don't stress yourself out over spending less than the equivalent of £3 for 12 months of validity.

38 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Yes, but then you will only have one month of validity and will have to repeat the whole thing again every month.

Don't stress yourself out over spending less than the equivalent of £3 for 12 months of validity.

More a case of not attracting attention by looping in a rinse and repeat cycle.

Just paranoid android.

1 hour ago, mahtin said:

More a case of not attracting attention by looping in a rinse and repeat cycle.

Just paranoid android.

Seriously? It's better because you only put money in once. In fact, once you have done the first 12 baht deduction, you can walk away from that machine and go to another, anywhere. When you use the new machine, it will recognise that you still have 88 baht to utilise, as that info is  stored by mobile number. So you don't need to find exactly 12 baht each time. Don't overthink it ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, mahtin said:

Amazing. Thanks.

You can transfer the credit to another phone number so wife’s phone. Also she can transfer validity to you so if she keeps topping up she can give you time. There is a small transfer fee but it could be worthwhile.

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You can transfer the credit to another phone number so wife’s phone. Also she can transfer validity to you so if she keeps topping up she can give you time. There is a small transfer fee but it could be worthwhile.

Cannot transfer from AIS to Truemove H. But not a problem to keep the credit. AIS refund in cash if you close the SIM or you can use it for data packs if the need arises.

On 6/4/2022 at 10:44 AM, mahtin said:

Looking at a 1.5 hour round trip to Big C Khon Kaen tomorrow.

Hope this helps.

Did you have any success as I don't think it's likely to have been a SIM fault and the operator just said that to close the call?

There have been other reports of AIS not passing through SMSs from overseas.  I have read, although not verified personally, that a workaround is possible by manually selecting another carrier in your settings which cuts AIS out the loop.  Even if this involves a small charge (I have no idea if it does) it may be worth it to get what you want.

42 minutes ago, treetops said:

Did you have any success as I don't think it's likely to have been a SIM fault and the operator just said that to close the call?

Thais seem to blagg it or wing it if they don't know the answer, i also suspect the new sim won't work

• Like 1

1 hour ago, treetops said:

There have been other reports of AIS not passing through SMSs from overseas.  I have read, although not verified personally, that a workaround is possible by manually selecting another carrier in your settings which cuts AIS out the loop.  Even if this involves a small charge (I have no idea if it does) it may be worth it to get what you want.

With my previous provider True I never got SMS messages from overseas....tried 3 times at the local branch to try and get it sorted....never did....switched to AIS with no issues SMS,s come through every time.......True Technical Help are useless.

After many, many months of successfully receiving OTPs for my UK Personal Tax Account, this week they suddenly stopped arriving.

Then I saw this https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40014513 during  a search for solutions to the problem.

Is there a connection? I'm talking to AIS at the moment. Maybe they'll resolve the problem.

8 minutes ago, MartinL said:

After many, many months of successfully receiving OTPs for my UK Personal Tax Account, this week they suddenly stopped arriving.

Then I saw this https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40014513 during  a search for solutions to the problem.

Is there a connection? I'm talking to AIS at the moment. Maybe they'll resolve the problem.

i get email notifications from HMRC to login to my account and check a message, are you not set up for that?

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i get email notifications from HMRC to login to my account and check a message, are you not set up for that?

No need to - SMS has previously always been successful but maybe something to look in to. Thanks for that option reminder.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 4:22 PM, topt said:

Are you doing this to unlock the bootloader?

Sorry, forgot about this thread.

Yes, got the bootloader unlocked finally, and now rooted and running a nice bloat-free Treble based Android 11 .

( https://ombob.my.id/redmi-9a-9at-dandelion-custom-rom-android-11-update-using-caos-gsi-custom-aosp-os/  , which can be flashed with FASTBOOTD mode.)

No working custom recovery though.

• Thanks 1