Hotel Accommodation (for Quarantine)

I have been receiving updates on Thailand pass requirement from Thai Embassy in UK, and latest tells me that no quarantine for full vaccinated arrivals from UK.

Since I have had full program of Vacc. in Thailand and have yellow Vaccine pass book, I believe that I qualify as 'fully vaccinated'

Information on Thai land pass also still talks of 'proof of hotel reservation.'   

Can anyone here explain this?  I would normally arrive in BKK and possibly stay 1 or 2 nights to recover from flight in my normal (cheap) hotel before flying to home(Phayao)

or I might fly direct to Chiang Rai, my nearest airport and then to Phayao.

is a hotel stay still needed in Bangkok, at approved hotel?  And Why?  I do not see any requirement for Covid test before leaving Bangkok.

I will be coming to Thailand soon, and do not want to book more that actually needed, like insurance.

Is this hotel thing another Thai scam to get more money from tourists? and push them to government approved hotels.  Embassy information directs me to Agoda, who I have never used.

if I fill in Thai pass application and ignore hotel bookings, what will happen?

I'll be coming in on a Re-entry permit with Non IM O retirement visa.

• Haha 1

I had to doublecheck that this is not a thread from months ago.

Did I have a time skip :shock1:

What hotel reservation? Quarantine? Covid test?

If you are fully vaccinated, all you need for the Thai pass application is the Covid insurance (10000 USD coverage) and your vax certificate uploaded.

No tests pre departure, no test after arrival, no hotel reservation.

You arrive, your documents and QR are checked and you are free to go where you want.

Your decision to relax in Bangkok or continue north.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

You should see this note at the Thai pass application:

(click for full size view)

nohotel.jpg

It's perfectly OK if you enter your home address in Thailand.

Edited by KhunBENQ

27 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I had to doublecheck that this is not a thread from months ago.

Did I have a time skip :shock1:

What hotel reservation? Quarantine? Covid test?

If you are fully vaccinated, all you need for the Thai pass application is the Covid insurance (10000 USD coverage) and your vax certificate uploaded.

No tests pre departure, no test after arrival, no hotel reservation.

You arrive, your documents and QR are checked and you are free to go where you want.

Your decision to relax in Bangkok or continue north.

In general a hotel reservation or an address  has always been required  when entering  Thailand. Often just written on the boarding pass but not a quarantine  issue.

Edited by The Hammer2021

3 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

In general a hotel reservation or an address  has always been required  when entering  Thailand. Often just written on the boarding pass but not a quarantine  issue.

No requirement for hotel reservation.

On the arrival card (not boarding pass) it is necessary to put an address. Could be a hotel but does not have to be. 

32 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

In general a hotel reservation or an address  has always been required  when entering  Thailand.

That's why I wrote that the poster can simply use his home address in Thailand (which he obviously has).