Siam Legal Pattaya

jastheace

does anyone local to Pattaya know if the Siam Legal offices are still just off 3rd road near the Pattaya South junction where the LK apartments are, or have they moved? a 'friend' claims to not be able to find their office there....????

39 minutes ago, jastheace said:

or have they moved?

Seems like.

Their Facebook post from April 26 says that the office is in Jomtien Soi 5, opposite immigration office (at View Talay 3 residence).

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1578388745890755

Siam Legal Pattaya First Floor, View Talay Residence 3 Jomtien Soi 5 (opposite to the Thai Immigration) Chonburi Tel: 065 242 2568

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Seems like.

Their own Facebook page has a post from April 26 and says that their office is in Jomtien Soi 5, opposite immigration office (at View Talay 3 residence).

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1578388745890755

Thanks for that.????

They haven't updated their webpage, hope that's not an indication of their reliability...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jastheace said:

They haven't updated their webpage

Not professional but quite typical.

Website created once and no one hired to update.

And simply write address on the website is useless anyway. Who except the postman finds 488/72 Moo 12, Nongprue (old address I assume)?

Most up-to-date is often in Facebook.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Yes she dose, is there a problem here offering an alternative to Siam Legal that dose not exist in Pattaya any longer?...

The problem is that I don't believe it.

Have to wait until end of month to check.

Will be back.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Will be back.

Don't believe that SL doesn't operate in Pattaya any longer? and what the end of the month will prove? strange posts there KhunBenQ...

• Confused 3

I never could find their office before, so I gave up and went elsewhere. I don't expect to have problem finding the office of a firm that actually wants to do business.  

Edited by Doctor Tom

i looked at siam legal because they have a bricks and mortar office, they seem to be well established so not likely to close shop tomorrow, they offer 30 minutes consultation for free. any future problems with the same issue in say a year or two, they can address.

i am not after the cheapest, but do not want to be ripped off for what is about an hours or so documentation work (4 pages including signature page), translation, signing and notarized, and handling a relatively small amount of money.

i could not find a webpage for siam eastern laws, without that, it's a no no for me. if @ezzra could provide a link, i would be happy to have a looksy.

my 'friend' hopefully will pop along to SL in jomtien on monday morning to see if they can do the work for a reasonable price. just hoping they are actually there!

Edited by jastheace
edit

They did a great job emptying my wallet a good few years back when their 'office' was on Pattaya Nua for a visa

I went to my present lawyers to chase them up but they shut up shop & disappeared for a while.

I tried chasing them up by calling the numbers & emailing the offices that were listed to London & NY but found that they were just fronts with the company registered there but not trading.

The mailing addresses when places that thousands of companies had their registered offices.

My lawyer explained to me that SL were more of a franchise where the lawyers in question paid a fee to SL to be allowed to use the company name & that was why it was so difficult to find someone actually to sue or take blame when problems arrive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SidJames said:

They did a great job emptying my wallet a good few years back when their 'office' was on Pattaya Nua for a visa

I went to my present lawyers to chase them up but they shut up shop & disappeared for a while.

I tried chasing them up by calling the numbers & emailing the offices that were listed to London & NY but found that they were just fronts with the company registered there but not trading.

The mailing addresses when places that thousands of companies had their registered offices.

My lawyer explained to me that SL were more of a franchise where the lawyers in question paid a fee to SL to be allowed to use the company name & that was why it was so difficult to find someone actually to sue or take blame when problems arrive.

Well 14 years ago my business was requiring some professional legal advice. After 3 emails that I nor my company had a reply from we assumed that they were not in business so hence went elsewhere. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Excel said:

Well 14 years ago my business was requiring some professional legal advice. After 3 emails that I nor my company had a reply from we assumed that they were not in business so hence went elsewhere. 

I used to do the same since than for my business. As I was new I used to seek for advice and suggestions for my business. But now the time has changed and we can get any advice online for free. We don't need to pay a single penny nor we have the fear of fraud. There are thousands of resources available over the internet. The life has become easier. Most of the business entity nowadays follow technology. Every legal activities and advice you need are available online and can be done easily. Even the procedure of business entity search is also made easy and there are many resources that can guide you to open a new business. These all are state dependent. For example here in new Mexico we follow new mexico business entity search. And it provides the whole guidance. We don't need to wait for anyone's advice on email or anything else.

16 hours ago, SidJames said:

yeah, without going into details....

1. they couldn't help

2. they didn't want to help

3. it wasn't a run of the mill 'copy and paste' exercise.

tick one or more of the above choices to win a prize...

YAY!!!! you're all winners....

Almost 20 years ago I went to one of the name-brand farang lawyers here in Thailand to negotiate a pre-nup which thankfully turned out not to be necessary. No marriage. However the current terms of their template prenup in the wife's favor I considered to be onerous 

Never in the course of the discussions did they say

that everything that is yours PRIOR to the marriage per Thai law is off the table?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 6/4/2022 at 8:10 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Not professional but quite typical.

Website created once and no one hired to update.

And simply write address on the website is useless anyway. Who except the postman finds 488/72 Moo 12, Nongprue (old address I assume)?

Most up-to-date is often in Facebook.

Google finds that address instantly. I'm trying to find out where they are, and both locations, Soi 5 Jomtien and King Power Building still indicate "temporarily closed" (May 20, 2023). I get no answers on any of their phones, even head office, despite them saying they have 24 hour service. Not a good sign of their professionalism for the high fees they are asking.

On 6/5/2022 at 10:37 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Will be back.

Did you check the Siam Legal office opposite Immigration on Soi 5? Are they still there?

On 6/7/2022 at 4:33 PM, bayslarry said:

I used to do the same since than for my business. As I was new I used to seek for advice and suggestions for my business. But now the time has changed and we can get any advice online for free. We don't need to pay a single penny nor we have the fear of fraud. There are thousands of resources available over the internet. The life has become easier. Most of the business entity nowadays follow technology. Every legal activities and advice you need are available online and can be done easily. Even the procedure of business entity search is also made easy and there are many resources that can guide you to open a new business. These all are state dependent. For example here in new Mexico we follow new mexico business entity search. And it provides the whole guidance. We don't need to wait for anyone's advice on email or anything else.

Well New Mexico info is very helpful here..thank you????

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Did you check the Siam Legal office opposite Immigration on Soi 5? Are they still there?

I can confirm that Siam Legal no longer have an office in Pattaya. I just called their head office in Bangkok.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...