Boris Johnson could face leadership challenge this week, the Sunday Times reports

onthedarkside

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We can be sure Johnson will never make an honorable resignation.

It’s a great result for the UK’s opposition parties.

You cannot be sure of that .

Johnson may still resign  due to lack of support .

Time will tell whether this is beneficial for the opposition , no one knows yet

10 minutes ago, RayC said:

Spot on.

An overwhelmingly win e.g. +/- 80%-20% and Johnson could have justifiably claimed that he had the backing of the Tory PP and dealt with the dissenters.

The fact that 40% believe he should go now plus - almost certainly - those lacking the courage to stick their heads above the parapet at this moment, plus some in the cabinet honour bound (haha) to vote for him, means that his position is untenable. Question of 'when' not 'if' he goes. 

The fact that a ‘Confidence’ vote was called is in and of itself a great result for opposition parties.

From Johnson’s beloved Latin: Con (Together) + Fido (Trust).

Except over 40% of Tory MPs are neither.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He received a fine , the fine has been paid .

You are correct, but I think the problem is he lied about it in the first place. While everyone was told to stay at home and told dont go out, do not meet people etc he was boozing it up with his pals!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No other western leader has self harmed with Brexit.

Germany, France, The Netherlands, no where in Scandinavia are facing the levels of or growth in poverty that the UK is facing.

actually you could blame Theresa May for this, she was trying to impress the Euro Group and the extremists in her party

incidentally Boris father has voted with his feet and is getting a French nationality and possibly moving to France in the near future, probably shopping for a new South Provence Mansion as we speak ????

• Like 1

Just now, mikeymike100 said:

You are correct, but I think the problem is he lied about it in the first place. While everyone was told to stay at home and told dont go out, do not meet people etc he was boozing it up with his pals!

He had a glass of wine to toast an office worker who was leaving their job in the office where they all worked .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

incidentally Boris father has voted with his feet and is getting a French nationality and possibly moving to France in the near future, probably shopping for a new South Provence Mansion as we speak ????

Boris's Father has got dual U.K/French citizenship 

His Mother and Grandmother were French citizens and so he is entitle to get French citizenship 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Boris's Father has got dual U.K/French citizenship 

His Mother and Grandmother were French citizens and so he is entitle to get French citizenship 

long time British citizens living in France can also get a French citizenship post-Brexit

a number of British expats and journalists living in France, without any family roots in France, still got their French citizenship, which is kind of amusing when you think of it ????

55 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

While everyone was told to stay at home and told dont go out,

He did not go out.  He was at home and went to an office in his home.

Not quite the same as the labour guy who travels to a pre-publicised event where he broke the rules and still denies he broke any rules or attended a party (sorry he mean event not party!

Edited by DezLez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The fact that a ‘Confidence’ vote was called is in and of itself a great result for opposition parties.

From Johnson’s beloved Latin: Con (Together) + Fido (Trust).

Except over 40% of Tory MPs are neither.

I know you are upset, but he is still the UK's PM, it's no good you fluffing around with percentages, now is it..... ????

• Confused 4

44 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No it's because he broke the rules.

I kept to them throughout, not being able to leave the country where I reside, for a family funeral. A funeral two of my siblings, residing in the uk, were also unable to attend due to covid restrictions on numbers. 

I have nothing but utter contempt for johnson and his arrogant, flagrant, repeated breaches of the rules.

His rules.

You would have contempt for any Tory leader........????

Rule Britannia.......????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, transam said:

You would have contempt for any Tory leader........????

Rule Britannia.......????

Again you are wrong...no surprise there...as usual.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Not quite the same as the labour guy who travels to a pre-publicised event where he broke the rules and still denies he broke any rules or attended a party (sorry he mean event not party!

Starmer did not break any rules, as confirmed by the police investigation into the work related meal he attended.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, transam said:

I know you are upset, but he is still the UK's PM, it's no good you fluffing around with percentages, now is it..... ????

I’m not at all upset, it’s a cracking result for the UK’s opposition parties.

I have not once complained about it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Starmer did not break any rules, as confirmed by the police investigation into the work related meal he attended.

Starmer is still under investigation  by the Police .

The Police haven't reached a conclusion yet about whether to prosecute him or not 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Not condoning the labor guy.

Whist I agree that is his home, the population were told not to congregate or meet non family members etc. The folks he had a drink/party with were members of his party not his family.  He tried to palm it off as a business meeting. He is a hypocrite and lied.

If he had admitted his mistake in the first instance most of this could have been avoided.

Edited by mikeymike100
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And Starmer has stated that if he has broken the law he will resign.

Reaffirming his commitment to standards in public office.

The faux report against Starmer, aimed at distracting from Johnson’s multiple counts of law breaking, handed Starmer an opportunity to provide a clear example of why he, not Johnson, is fit for office.

As fit as he was when as head of the cps they did not prosecute Jimmy Saville?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And Starmer has stated that if he has broken the law he will resign.

Reaffirming his commitment to standards in public office.

The faux report against Starmer, aimed at distracting from Johnson’s multiple counts of law breaking, handed Starmer an opportunity to provide a clear example of why he, not Johnson, is fit for office.

Starmers claim is that unlike Boris , he continued working after his beer with friends , after they had their food and beer in the evening when they were congregating when they shouldn't have been , he continued working , so his evening  beer drinking party with friends, was actually just a late lunch break .

Up to the Police to decide 

On 6/6/2022 at 4:36 PM, Red Forever said:

"There is no alternative to BJ".

Jeez, just when you thought the bar couldn't get any lower.....

As far as I am aware, the limbo dance doesn't come into the equation, but, as we now know, Boris will carry on doing his job, whilst the opposition does what they always do, nothing.....????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1