Dumb/Feature Phone with LINE Messenger

BKKJ

I couldn't find a tech forum so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

I find I am using my phone far too much. As a result, I am looking to downgrade to a dumb/feature phone which only has the basics - calls, sms, etc.

The problem is 95% of people in Thailand are on LINE messenger (their figures not mine) and as a result most of my communications are LINE-based. So, LINE is a must....

Does anyone know of a dumb/feature phone (or indeed an older phone) that allows you to install LINE? 

Look forward to hearing from you...

John

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

You can download and install LINE it doesnt need to be pre-installed on the phone.

Just make sure whatever you buy has sufficiently updated Adroid version.(7 or higher)

I had an issue recently with this,   the shop on shopee told me I would be able to download LINE from google-play store,   

however when I bought the mobile and tried to download ....  it won't allow ....  '  mobile is not compatible with this LINE version '   .....     

The phone description is not always correct and true. 

hence,  I bought another but made sure they installed LINE .  

• Like 1

The OP is asking for a 'feature phone' ie: non smart phone, non android 'dumb phone'

Dumb 'Feature Phone' Nokia from 4-5 years ago seem to have Line preinstalled, don't know if it's still supported or still compatible with current line app they have it in the keypad bar phone to the touch screen feature phone like Asha line

Newer Nokia with keypads seems to be running android now, with app installation capability, don't know if that still counts as a feature phone

although with keypad feature phone, I doubt if you'll enjoy typing the messages with T9 keypad 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Be careful buying an older phone running on 3G.  Most 3G networks are being closed down as less than 5% of phones are using it and mobile providers are ramping-up 5G.   Even now, many upcountry areas no longer have 3G coverage.