No mask mandate cancellation will be announced from Thai government

snoop1130

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Both from April 2021, pathetic, could do better!

Your nonsense predates Omicron!

If it had happened recently, it would be in English press. 

Are you for real or just a troll creating an argument from nothing???????? I am enjoying seeing you make a fool of yourself

You stated that no one had ever been fined (period) and you were wrong.There are hundreds of articles online reporting such fines these are just the first 2 which contain more background information hence come to the top of the list on google the date is irrelevant because yu have only now qualified your statement to mean 'recently' which is a very vague statement so please give a date when the RTP declared that they would stop arresting people and fining them for not wearing masks

FACT: if you fail to wear a mask you are breaking the law and you are liable to be fined between 5000 and 20000 baht is enshrined in Thai Law

Your opinion and observation is irrelevant to that fact

The RTP and the Thai Justice system is noted as one of the most corrupt in the world

Just because the police are 'turning a blind eye' now in some parts of thailand doesn't mean it will not stop without notice so that the police and legal system can earn a bit of cash.

Hence corrupt police officers will use this as a method of extortion of citizens and foreigners, demanding on the spot 'fines' (the brown envelope type) rather than sending you to court which will back them up. It also give the thai police an excuse to arrest peaceful demonstrators for 'not wearing masks'.

What this fool is saying is we'll see how many people are willing to break the law and go from there. He is actually encouraging law breaking and giving excuses for 'crackdowns' to suppress free speech.

Edited by RobU

11 hours ago, RobU said:

Are you for real or just a troll creating an argument from nothing???????? I am enjoying seeing you make a fool of yourself

You are the one looking foolish writing all this drivel about nothing.....

Babbling on linking 'free speech' to mask wearing!

That is so silly.

Took a longish stroll around Pattaya yesterday, no mask until I entered the Mall. I wasn't tossed to the ground and handcuffed and hauled off to the cells even once.... not sure I saw more than one policeman!

Tourists not wearing masks, nobody seems to be fretting as you do. 

(PS It is not enshrined in law, get your facts straight!)