No mask mandate cancellation will be announced from Thai government

snoop1130

So "endemic" means that everything remains actually the same. Then why even bother to call it not "pandemic" anymore ? Loving this guy and feel compassion for him would actually be a real big personal achievement. I did not yet succeed.

• Like 1

No clear rules but he is giving the example,wear a mask if you want.

I see a few fights and even shootings coming up.

Will a business have to put up a sign if they want you to wear a mask?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moogradod said:

So "endemic" means that everything remains actually the same. Then why even bother to call it not "pandemic" anymore ? Loving this guy and feel compassion for him would actually be a real big personal achievement. I did not yet succeed.

Endemic means that there will not be large waves as we have experienced the last couple of years. There will be small yearly waves. Its' severity will decrease as the years go on. There are already several coronavirus infections circulating, but noone ever talks about them, as most have built immunity to them. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2long said:

During today's press conference, standing next to his buddies... inside!

image.png.53dd01457f05f01c169a00b581e08e02.png

I think there's a clear, unspoken message in that picture, but the bit I liked came toward the end of the article:

'Presumably, when the emergency decree goes away, the mandate “quietly” will as well, based on the Health Minister’s statements today'.

New (meaning old) normal, by stealth! And it can't come soon enough.

3 hours ago, Seppius said:

Seems plain enough to me, wear it if you want.

I am seeing a rapid de-masking around Pattaya already. I was at a Thai food market in Jomtien this afternoon at least 50% of Thais had it around their neck or off

Nope, see the link in the story:

TPN notes that the mask mandate currently falls under Emergency Decree health measures, currently extended until at least the end of July and in effect since early 2020. Presumably, when the emergency decree goes away, the mandate “quietly” will as well, based on the Health Minister’s statements today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, it is up to the individual consideration to wear or remove it, depending on the situation and areas they are in, according to Anutin.

Once again A-Nut-In is sitting on the fence not wanting to make the decision and have the finger of fate pointed at him, I do hope tourists are being notified of the fact they need to wear masks on their holiday ..............................LOL 

• Like 1

It shows that he is not taking any responsibility. If Mr Anutin says don't need to waer a mask anymore and the case are going up for one or another reason he could be blamed.. and that he doesn't want.. So he put the responsibility somewhere else... let the people decide wear or not wear, the Government declare..... So he keeps his hands clean.....Show of incompentence only own gain, perhaps for the next elections when he will shout look how good I handled the Covid...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul revealed today, June 8th, that no announcement of a mask mandate cancellation, which currently includes even all outside areas

nothing to do with covid but will you keep wearing yours please

the rest of us have moved on

• Like 2

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, it is up to the individual consideration to wear or remove it, depending on the situation and areas they are in, according to Anutin.

To me that means I'm allowed to take it off. Will still carry one around in my pocket just in case I get dirty looks.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 1:48 PM, Seppius said:

Seems plain enough to me, wear it if you want.

I am seeing a rapid de-masking around Pattaya already. I was at a Thai food market in Jomtien this afternoon at least 50% of Thais had it around their neck or off

And you can still be arrested and fined for not wearing a mask if some policeman wants a bit of cash because the government has not rescinded the national instruction to wear a mask at all times when outside your home. Forgive me if I missed that wearing a mask was no longer mandated. The article clearly  states that the mandate to wear a mask will not be cancelled

Edited by RobU
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RobU said:

And you can still be arrested and fined for not wearing a mask if some policeman wants a bit of cash because the government has not rescinded the national instruction to wear a mask at all times when outside your home. Forgive me if I missed that wearing a mask was no longer mandated. The article clearly  states that the mandate to wear a mask will not be cancelled

As one can be for smoking and dropping litter......

The police do not seem to be doing what you claim, I have not yet heard of a single person in the cells for not wearing a mask. 

You are making a strawman. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The police do not seem to be doing what you claim, I have not yet heard of a single person in the cells for not wearing a mask. 

But hey the prisoners are wearing masks as well as getting vaccinations, well at least they were.

Philippines: Unite to end tuberculosis | International Committee of the ...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Except that the fine for not wearing a mask is 4000 baht whereas the fine for the things you mention is less than 100 perhaps you don't listen hard enough

59 minutes ago, RobU said:

Except that the fine for not wearing a mask is 4000 baht whereas the fine for the things you mention is less than 100 perhaps you don't listen hard enough

And I have yet to hear anyone being arrested and fined, Perhaps you don't pay attention enough and live in a fearful place!

On 6/10/2022 at 8:54 AM, jacko45k said:

And I have yet to hear anyone being arrested and fined, Perhaps you don't pay attention enough and live in a fearful place!

2 links to news reports from the Thai media of many fines levied up to 2000 baht simply Google it and it is there. So now you have heard of people being fined. 

Use the search term ไม่สวมหน้ากาก ปรับ 4000 บาท 

https://www.pptvhd36.com/news/สุขภาพ/146288

https://www.innnews.co.th/news/criminal/news_89435/

Would you like more examples?

Edited by RobU

14 hours ago, RobU said:

Would you like more examples?

Both from April 2021, pathetic, could do better!

Your nonsense predates Omicron!

If it had happened recently, it would be in English press. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 1