Beware pre june 1 thai pass.

"Cannot.....even old thai pass needs to adopt the 3 day plus or minus"

Note that the latest Thai Pass is not plus or minus (just within 3 days after) as per the following from the Thai Pass application 

Screenshot_20220610-150948_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FARANG KIWI said:

Yep.  My recent Thai pass approved back on 30th April was valid for 14 day window around a 05th June entry date to Thailand.

Not sure where the poster is coming from!

Thai Pass.png

Because you applied in April that's what you would have received at the time.

If you re-scan the QR Code now you'll find it now says entry from 5th May to 8th May.  It's been discussed a few times but OP is the first one I've heard being caught out by it.

This was the subject of several posts in this other thread.

I suggested that the mods make an explicit warning to all those with TP issued before June.

I guess cases like the OP's will continue to happen.

It's a shame that the Thai authorities don't send an emai warning all TP holders of the new rules.

Some clarifications:

- the new validity window (even for those TP which report -7d,+7d) is -0d,+3d. where is 0 is the formal date of arrival into Thailand.

- people in doubt can check by scanning their TP's QR code

- if need to apply for a new TP pass, from submission to notification, it was 30min for me.

4 hours ago, bangkok19 said:

What's the earliest I can apply for my ThaiPass before my arrival date?

Call me cautious but I want to allow a bit of time for any stuff-ups or delays.

The rule state you can do it up to 60 days.

But I would suggest doing no more than 2 weeks early since things do change. It takes at the most 48 hours to get the approval now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, arithai12 said:

This was the subject of several posts in this other thread.

I suggested that the mods make an explicit warning to all those with TP issued before June.

I guess cases like the OP's will continue to happen.

It's a shame that the Thai authorities don't send an emai warning all TP holders of the new rules.

Some clarifications:

- the new validity window (even for those TP which report -7d,+7d) is -0d,+3d. where is 0 is the formal date of arrival into Thailand.

- people in doubt can check by scanning their TP's QR code

- if need to apply for a new TP pass, from submission to notification, it was 30min for me.

The Onus is on Thai Immigration to inform those who got Thai Passes prior to June 1......Come on Thai Immigration......hahahahahaha.

Alls well I got in .

There are checkers as you get off plane to see if entry date is OK.   Any reports of people being caught there?

19 hours ago, Marky Mark Mark said:

The Onus is on Thai Immigration to inform those who got Thai Passes prior to June 1......Come on Thai Immigration......hahahahahaha.

Actually I am not sure it's on Thai Immigration. If it was, they might have done a better job, judging from how they deal with 90d report reminders and so on.

The TP is issued by the "tp.consular.go.th" site which seems to be sponsored by various agencies, including Health Minister among others. Perhaps they need to develop some experience. Or better, they need to go home soon with the TP abolished altogether.