UPDATE: Parents of 12-year-old girl allegedly injured by forced school exercise meets with the accused teacher to settle dispute in Sri Racha

webfact

15 hours ago, Excel said:

Didn't think they used real fountain pens that require filling with ink so hence being able to break it open, or an ink cartridge, so that the ink spills, certainly none of my children who went to school here didn't.

Maybe ink from a refillable whiteboard marker. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Sadistic teachers should be sacked. End of. This is only teaching them to be sadistic themselves.

Absolutely, one needs teachers to set a good example of how to behave for the kids to pick up on, like the police  politicians parents  do.....oh I give up on this!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Absolutely, one needs teachers to set a good example of how to behave for the kids to pick up on, like the police  politicians parents  do.....oh I give up on this!

Interesting that you include parents. In my extended Thai family there's a number of kids who are receiving no support, care, love, financial help with school costs, nor 3 meals a day. 

They occasionally come to our house and get angry with my Thai son and his wife for insisting that son/wife/3 kids (and me) always sit down together for all meals and the kids are encouraged to talk about school, sport, national and international news and more and son/wife listen/explain etc.

When the rellies do come it's often just mum and dad (and no kids) but sometimes mom/dad and kids come and this is when the rellies get angry because their kids who aren't being supported/aren't experiencing family structure/love see what's happpening at son's house. 

Edited by scorecard

On 6/11/2022 at 8:58 AM, Skytrain2hell said:

At least it's not teachers hitting students. I honestly don't see a problem with making students do fitness exercises as a punishment. 

110 squat jumps is appropriate punishment for a 12-year old with medical issues?  Really?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 8:57 AM, bbko said:

So the teacher's only "penalty" is covering the hospital bill??  No additional compensation for pain/suffering/distress??  

Dude you try to be a teacher nowadays. A stupid prank ... no immediate and clear cut answer to how to fix this problem. And remember this... admin DOES NOT HAVE YOUR BACK!!! You are always on your own. If you do not do something you will never get classroom management under control. There is no panacea and teaching is very merciless if you are the teacher. So try to teach before you judge. The girl obviously is either too frail to do anything, or a drama queen as we have back home.

Before I left home the fashion for young teens to get rid of a teacher was to claim sexual harassment. I still see that in the news from time to time. Even if it is not true, a teacher's career is destroyed forever if accused.  

Edited by Pouatchee