Biden’s age would be ‘major issue’ if he runs again, former Obama adviser says

onthedarkside

Screenshot_1.jpg.300ee1c9985ea42e4d328aec3797a034.jpg

Former senior Obama adviser David Axelrod warned that President Biden’s age could be a “major issue” in the 2024 presidential election. 

“The presidency is a monstrously taxing job and the stark reality is the president would be closer to 90 than 80 at the end of a second term, and that would be a major issue,” Axelrod told The New York Times of 79-year-old Biden. 

“He looks his age and isn’t as agile in front of a camera as he once was, and this has fed a narrative about competence that isn’t rooted in reality,” he added.

(more)

https://thehill.com/news/administration/3520559-bidens-age-would-be-major-issue-if-he-runs-again-axelrod-says/

486274755_TheHill.jpg.ba746c6d5259c3a5ddaf8651652fda3e.jpg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, PuaSai said:

Ah, age is not the only reason....  He's already built a pretty dark legacy for himself.

Objectively a mixed record but no doubt inflation particularly gas prices is killing him. Partly his fault, partly the Feds fault, partly just very bad luck.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

I think Joe has confounded them all.

Biden was expected to die in office making Kamala the first black woman President and IIhan Omar gets promoted to VP...a black Moslem in the 2nd highest office.

• Like 1

What I don't get is the Biden lovers who  say he is the best thing since sliced bread and praise him for all his political decision.

If he is doing all you say then why aren't you living in the states?

I'm not being facetious I am genuinely curious.

Edited by wombat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wombat said:

I think Joe has confounded them all.

Biden was expected to die in office making Kamala the first black woman President and IIhan Omar gets promoted to VP...a black Moslem in the 2nd highest office.

None of that was expected. Pure white resentment right wing fantasy fear mongering.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, wombat said:

What I don't get is the Biden lovers who  say he is the best thing since sliced bread and praise him for all his political decision.

If he is doing all you say then why aren't you living in the states?

I'm not being facetious I am genuinely curious.

A few points.

Not aware of any members saying his performance is perfect.

Also he has been majorly blocked by fellow "democrat" Joe Manchin.

Personally I think his performance has been objectively mixed but he doesn't get credit for that because of inflation and poor white house communication.

As far as living in the US or not, I think its usually unwise to expatriate or repatriate based on who is currently president so I'm not even buying your premise.

• Like 1

I thought that Joe Biden was only going to do one term. Surely there is someone else in the Democratic party that 

would get more votes than Trump if he was to run again. I just hope that Trump gets some jail time in the next several

months.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stargeezr said:

I thought that Joe Biden was only going to do one term. Surely there is someone else in the Democratic party that 

would get more votes than Trump if he was to run again. I just hope that Trump gets some jail time in the next several

months.

Biden can't say one term too early if that's his intention because that makes him a premature lame duck.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Again always a excuse for poor old Joe. Did you have that many excuses for Jimmy Carter as they are in the same ball par? I am trying awful hard to find one thing good he has done for the USA. But I will bet you this and that is he will change his mind on oil and gas very soon as Americans are fed up with his stance.

Then you're not paying attention clearly out of bias.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Again always a excuse for poor old Joe. Did you have that many excuses for Jimmy Carter as they are in the same ball par? I am trying awful hard to find one thing good he has done for the USA. But I will bet you this and that is he will change his mind on oil and gas very soon as Americans are fed up with his stance.

Biden was largely elected by his party's stance on oil and gas. His reforms have been heavily curtailed by the GOP in the senate plus the corrupt Manchin.

• Sad 1