Does Thammanat Prompow still have power to change course of Thai politics?

webfact

image.jpeg

Photo from Thammanat Prompow Facebook

Thammanat Prompow has become a party leader for the first time in his career — a crowning success for any politician. However, analysts say his recent rise to head the Thai Economic Party is unlikely to benefit this powerbroker, who is more used to working underground than under the limelight.

For them, Thammanat’s latest career move has only a slim chance of impacting Thai politics ahead of the upcoming censure debate against the government.

The no-confidence debate, expected to take place next month, will target Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and nine other key Cabinet members, according to the opposition. This will be the last such debate during this Parliament, which completes its four-year term in March next year.

Thammanat, previously the ruling Palang Pracharath Party’s secretary-general, has been at odds with Prayut ever since he was ousted from the Cabinet after allegedly engineering a plot to topple the PM at the previous censure debate last September.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/does-thammanat-prompow-still-have-power-to-change-course-of-thai-politics/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-06-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Thai News forum, posted by admin. Where did you start topic?

I just asked on the general chat why there was no broadcasting on this forum and on national tv about the protests. I thought is was news, but the moderator closed the topic. with the reaso NO POLITICS... I think it is a bit unfair..

14 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I just asked on the general chat why there was no broadcasting on this forum and on national tv about the protests. I thought is was news, but the moderator closed the topic. with the reaso NO POLITICS... I think it is a bit unfair..

I read your comment & complaint yesterday, I think you were told that it was closed as you posted it in the wrong place, there is a thread for politics, you have to look for it. Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

I read your comment & complaint yesterday, I think you were told that it was closed as you posted it in the wrong place, there is a thread for politics, you have to look for it. Hope that helps.

THank you..... but still is was meant to be political.....

23 hours ago, webfact said:

analysts say his recent rise to head the Thai Economic Party is unlikely to benefit this powerbroker

After Anutin's cannabis success, the good captain is trying to legalise self-raising flour.

• Haha 1