What is the fair price for premium cannabis in Thailand?

On 6/15/2022 at 7:29 PM, BritManToo said:

I'd say 150-200bht/gm would be a reasonable price.

I equate drinking 2 large beers (or 3 wine coolers) to 0.5gm of smoked weed.

So would place the maximum price per gram for weed at 4 large beers.

Medicinal use of both obviously, not recreational.

Do you use beer as your basis for all fair value calculations?

How many beers equate to the same enjoyment as getting a handjob....or eating a Big Mac?

• Haha 1

Was just looking at geenlabs website all very "professional looking" wonder who's the influential guy behind that ? certainly doesn't look like a temporary thing either and that's possibly something to be optimistic about regarding future availability . It will certainly appeal to the  more "well-heeled" customer 

However I hope any future legislation doesn't squeeze out the smaller guy's firstly as I rather prefer the more down to earth experience  (and prices) of shopee   or getting it off a local guy, met some good friends that way over the years too. And secondly because its not fair if the economic benefits that were touted  for all are monopolised for the usual suspects, especially if legislation is used to achieve that aim  That would be bad for users too  But allowing people to grow 10 plants is also a positive sign and I doubt that will change

Also if chintzy shops start popping upon the highstreet it might just help to dispell the "dirty pothead" image that the prohibitionists like to project  

4 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

if chintzy shops start popping upon the highstreet it might just help to dispell the "dirty pothead" image that the prohibitionists like to project

In Oregon USA, where it's easier to find a dispensary than a gas station, there is one set of stores that look like high-end jewelers, all the stuff pre-packaged in elegant little packets and prices are roughly 3x than most other places.  And of course the more you pay the better the quality, right?

9 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Do you use beer as your basis for all fair value calculations?

How many beers equate to the same enjoyment as getting a handjob....or eating a Big Mac?

Pretty much.

Big Mac is worth one large beer 60bht.

• Like 1

Not sure there is a fair price at the moment, at least one I'd pay.  I enjoy a puff now & then but 500 baht / 1gr (cheapest I noticed) for 1 normal joint, maybe 2 small joints, is a bit much for me.  2 good buzzes maybe for 500 baht ... hmm

I don't think I enjoy it that much ... what a CC, but get to save a cough or 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

calm down bert thats actually the price quoted for 3.5g   (still well over the top though in my opinion)

Sorry, the site is not very clear.

Even though you have informed me that the price is for 3.5g, I cant find any indication of the weight for this price.

However, the 3.5g price would make more sense.

Which brings me on to my next question:

700 Baht per gram, Who the hell is paying that?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Sorry, the site is not very clear.

Even though you have informed me that the price is for 3.5g, I cant find any indication of the weight for this price.

However, the 3.5g price would make more sense.

Which brings me on to my next question:

700 Baht per gram, Who the hell is paying that?

If you click on the picture of the bud it opens in a larger window and the price per 3.5g is written in small letters just above it. 

As regards to your second question... God only knows, some must have more money than sense!  I paid 10b / gram for some excellent "brickweed"  from shopee which really hits the spot 

I guess Its like another poster mentioned ...the same people who pay 5000 bt + for  wine  

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Like 1

Still didn't see anything good for sale in Samui. Is it possible it's still illegal here as they tell me in the one bar I found selling max 1cm tall stale colorless buds with a few seeds for 700B a gram?

I found an excellent seller on twitter, he always has a few varieties and I tried 4 from him. All absolutely top notch huge lovely smelling buds, super fast shipping and friendly service. Prices from 330B to 380B. I'm saving a fortune it doesn't take much of this to be satisfied, probably using less than half the amount I previously was when buying the inferior 700B stuff.

Considering the quality, I think 380B is a fair price. I have seen some nice looking buds for 200B on a facebook advert will try these next.

40 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Since the one site has sold out, and since restocked, I'd say more than a few are quite happy to pay 700/gr (-10% promo) delivered to their door for free.

Not myself of course, but I also won't pay 100 baht for a beer either, unless it or I, am somewhere special to warrant it.

Ah but are they really sold out, or is it a clever marketing ploy ???   Totally agree about beer prices , spot on

• Like 2

On 7/3/2022 at 8:26 PM, Bday Prang said:

Now there's a thing, years ago when i was younger back in the 70's  we always used to pass  spliffs round, sometimes it got a bit ridiculous with maybe 5 people and six spliffs going around,  then one day  it just kind of stopped, don't remember when, but all of a sudden we just smoked our own, and anybody who did pass a spliff round was considered a bit weird. Not a bad thing really as some people had really sloppy mouths and there was nothing worse than a saliva soaked spliff

Back in the 70,s & 80,s we had BC Bud...only one joint required ...at one time you could swap 1 oz of BC Bud for 1 oz of coke straight trade...with our USA friends.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, jaideedave said:

Back in the 70,s & 80,s we had BC Bud...only one joint required ...at one time you could swap 1 oz of BC Bud for 1 oz of coke straight trade...with our USA friends.

BS:
back than an oz of coke was over $2,000
ur saying ur BC bud was same?   LOL

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 9:58 PM, Sametboy2019 said:

Greenlab seems to be the most trusted source online or in general IMO.

If all the weed is really from their farm, it could be pretty free from any contaminants such as pesticide, fertilzier, mold and fungi.

Greenlab has been selling their hemp products for a while in Big C and their operations are FDA approved. Might try ordering there once my stock is empty.

1 hour ago, CLW said:

Greenlab seems to be the most trusted source online or in general IMO.

If all the weed is really from their farm, it could be pretty free from any contaminants such as pesticide, fertilzier, mold and fungi.

Greenlab has been selling their hemp products for a while in Big C and their operations are FDA approved. Might try ordering there once my stock is empty.

Interesting - the High CBD/Low THC strains are 1/10 the price of the high THC strains (59 baht/gram). The cost of production must be roughly the same, and I'm sure they're making a reasonable profit at 59 Bhat/gram.  To me that suggests that's the fair price, and everything on top of that is profiteering on the moment's imbalance between supply and demand for the high THC strains. 

image.jpeg.9cdbb2acb1828c690ae44f8e32c0cf48.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Wuvu2 said:

Interesting - the High CBD/Low THC strains are 1/10 the price of the high THC strains (59 baht/gram). The cost of production must be roughly the same, and I'm sure they're making a reasonable profit at 59 Bhat/gram.  To me that suggests that's the fair price, and everything on top of that is profiteering on the moment's imbalance between supply and demand for the high THC strains. 

Absolutely bang on. The only possible excuse for any bud being more expensive would be for plants with a longer flowering period and that's  only relevant when grown under lights. Even then the increase would be marginal considering most growers have moved from the old fashioned sodium lights and now use LED's Pure profiteering  Probably helped along by a good dose of the placebo effect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wuvu2 said:

Probably the CBD strains are grown outdoors, hence lower production cost and final price. Could also have to do with the market demand. THC might be more asked than CBD. The higher the better. Which not always makes sense. Well, people's choice. Some (Thais and foreigners alike) changed their beer brand because the alcohol content was reduced 0,1%vol. Guess these people better drink pure ethanol mixed with water then. For me flavour is much more important than THC. Especially since now it is legalised and you always can buy new stock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CLW said:

Probably the CBD strains are grown outdoors, hence lower production cost and final price. Could also have to do with the market demand. THC might be more asked than CBD. The higher the better. Which not always makes sense. Well, people's choice. Some (Thais and foreigners alike) changed their beer brand because the alcohol content was reduced 0,1%vol. Guess these people better drink pure ethanol mixed with water then. For me flavour is much more important than THC. Especially since now it is legalised and you always can buy new stock. 

You are correct, I have booked from this website, and the cheap buds are outdoors with no trim, just dried. They are the official traditional strains and are not all CBD, some have only CBD some only TCH some different ratios. Have not tried yet as I am overwhelmed beautiful buds at the moments .

The expensive ones are indoor well trimed. Nothing special. 

• Like 2

On 6/28/2022 at 12:16 AM, Lung Steve said:

I am moving to Thailand next year , 

I will be bringing some of my strains with me and 25 years growing experience.

I will be doing discounts and heavy deals to the expat community 

Sorry Steve, cannot wait that long!  555

• 2 months later...
On 7/5/2022 at 5:52 PM, jaideedave said:

Please link me your hookup you clearly have the best quality weed in Thailand by far. ????