What is the fair price for premium cannabis in Thailand?

On 7/4/2022 at 8:26 AM, Bert got kinky said:

Sorry, the site is not very clear.

Even though you have informed me that the price is for 3.5g, I cant find any indication of the weight for this price.

However, the 3.5g price would make more sense.

Which brings me on to my next question:

700 Baht per gram, Who the hell is paying that?

I'm quite confident that in about half a year from now top shelf will be around 300-400b/g, middle 200-300b/g and all the rest somewhere below that. Now suppliers are still booked out but everyone is growing and new suppliers will pop up.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2022 at 3:02 AM, KhunLA said:

Not sure there is a fair price at the moment, at least one I'd pay.  I enjoy a puff now & then but 500 baht / 1gr (cheapest I noticed) for 1 normal joint, maybe 2 small joints, is a bit much for me.  2 good buzzes maybe for 500 baht ... hmm

I don't think I enjoy it that much ... what a CC, but get to save a cough or 2.

The packaging as a joint is misleading. The premium stuff has a high % of THC (in the 20-27% zone). So unless one is highly tolerant to THC,  It's more than one or two joints. From one big joint, I made several joints, and each of them got me quite high during 2-3 hours.

2 minutes ago, candide said:

The premium stuff has a high % of THC (in the 20-27% zone). 

... says the snake oil sales folk.  % don't mean much in an unregulated market.

I twist a doobie, usually 1 gr, if not feeling it before half gone (1/2 gr) then it's krap.  Usually stop at half a doobie, and that last more than a couple hours.  Rarely fire up the other half the same night.

Latest, only 2nd purchase, ฿14 / gr does just that.  Same as the ฿140 / gr did (฿79+S&H).  Happy with both, but why pay 10X as much.  Would have been cheaper, if bought volume, as I did the 2nd purchase of 100gr. 

Websites state both should be in the 20% +/- range, though haven't a clue since no testing equipment.

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

... says the snake oil sales folk.  % don't mean much in an unregulated market.

I twist a doobie, usually 1 gr, if not feeling it before half gone (1/2 gr) then it's krap.  Usually stop at half a doobie, and that last more than a couple hours.  Rarely fire up the other half the same night.

Latest, only 2nd purchase, ฿14 / gr does just that.  Same as the ฿140 / gr did (฿79+S&H).  Happy with both, but why pay 10X as much.  Would have been cheaper, if bought volume, as I did the 2nd purchase of 100gr. 

Websites state both should be in the 20% +/- range, though haven't a clue since no testing equipment.

I guess it may depend on the sellers, some may be more reliable than others. I bought joints from Ganjawitch in Pattaya. It was expensive 650 to 750 bht. It was the same quality level as the premium weed I bought in a good cannabis club I know in Barcelona. Just cheaper in Barcelona (7/10 euros , 300/400 bht/gr). I am only an occasional smoker, so one gram of high grade weed is several joints for me. It may be different for other people.

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2022 at 2:29 PM, Wuvu2 said:

Interesting - the High CBD/Low THC strains are 1/10 the price of the high THC strains (59 baht/gram). The cost of production must be roughly the same, and I'm sure they're making a reasonable profit at 59 Bhat/gram.  To me that suggests that's the fair price, and everything on top of that is profiteering on the moment's imbalance between supply and demand for the high THC strains. 

image.jpeg.9cdbb2acb1828c690ae44f8e32c0cf48.jpeg

Spot on! Just look at the USA.

You can get a pound of kush for around 100$ in Oregon.

For me, as of today, it's 1,500 THB for an eighth (3.5g), so ~ 430 THB/gram. That's my ceiling.

Indoor, Thai grown. Western seed stock. I prefer Sativa-dominant strains

Most recent purchase yesterday, 400 baht per gram, for 5 grams. Online order. Amnesia Zkittles, a fantastic sativa-dominant strain.

Production costs are quite high here. Dispensaries are at least +100 baht/gram, as they are (for the most part) retailers of product they purchase at the wholesale price (35-40% discount based on volume). I really have no clue on the pricing/distribution model for illegally imported finished flower. IMO, Cannabangka dispensaries (Soi Sathorn 8 is the location I've visited) have the best price/product. Sale on now 420/g, 1,420/3.5 g.

Comparing to my home legal state in the U.S., a comparable eighth is $66 ($55, plus 20% total tax - people often forget to add in the tax when quoting U.S. prices), or 2,380 THB, or 680 THB/gram.

Comparing prices to black-market, pound-size volumes in the U.S. seems a fruitless endeavor. Production costs in the U.S. are often quoted at $350/lb as of today.

Edited by bamnutsak