Decent Sandals

cathyy

I can actually wear a Thai shoe size, albeit about the biggest one they usually carry, a 38. I will not wear actual shoes, they don't slip off easily enough. so I'm in the market for sandals, but sandals with a soft cushy heel cup and good arch support. Anybody know of a brand offering this?

Proper Birkenstocks are the best. Okay, thay take a while to break in, they are comfy and long lasting. Even the repro birkenstocks are good and comfy, they just don't last a long time. My wife actually has a pair of proper Birkenstocks for the last 16 years and although very well worn, they are still in good order.

Try ECCO. I thought for a long time that they were made in Denmark, upon moving to this scented country I found out that they are designed there and knockedup here. They are IMHO, the most comfortable sandals/shoes on the planet. Shame I can only buy them at an outlet village or in UK in my humungous size :o

I like Clarks for good quality shoes that are nice enough to wear to work, Birkenstocks are fantastic casual sandals (there's a little shop directly opp Samitivej Hospital on Suk 49), but Crocs, while being almost unsightly, are without doubt the most comfortable shoes on the market. You can get a good range so you don't have to go for the huge clog like design - but I would!

I was not happy with Scholl - only had them about 3 months before they started to wear away

I agree with Donna, Naturaliser are comfy and last a good while, I just haven't found a design that I like in a while... too chunky on the heel for my liking....

I recently bought two pairs of "Heel Care" sandals in attractive (green, purple) colours. Not my usual impractical style but with cushioned sole, good strap support, comfortable and kind to my feet, size 39. The label also says "Denmark" but I imagine they are probably made here. Have seen countless similar brands, in a variety of colors and styles in Central and Robinsons. Good luck.

Dortmuend .... german brand....comfy...and some come in design that u can wear to work too -- recommended...last very long too!!

Hush Puppies ..not bad.....a bit more casual style...the sandals are very nice...and come in colours like red, yellow...but also conventional black.....they attempt to make the business/work type too but dont look good

ECCO ....very comfy shoes! but more sporty/casual style. recommended

Proper Birkenstocks are the best. Okay, thay take a while to break in, they are comfy and long lasting. Even the repro birkenstocks are good and comfy, they just don't last a long time. My wife actually has a pair of proper Birkenstocks for the last 16 years and although very well worn, they are still in good order.

Thai Birkenstocks available on third floor of MBK shopping mall, and at 199 per pair, they are a good deal.

try chatuchak for second hand birks. ive bought a few from there and they are nearly new and very cheap. a thai friend buys them for me and they are great. very comfy and not smelly when you buy them.