Covid tests to enter Thailand and within Thailand

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had experience with covid tests to enter thailand and/or with taking a test within Thailand to go to another country.  Did any of you do the saliva test and does it count?  Im asking because my mother has very little tolerance for anything getting shoved up her nose, shes old and scared and if theres an option to do a saliva test that would be great.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

At this time there is no requirement to have a covid 19 test prior to arriving here.

Antigen tests are often done now instead of a PCR test.

Is she fully vaccinated?

No which is why she does actually require a covid test within 72 hours before arriving according to the website.

8 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

No which is why she does actually require a covid test within 72 hours before arriving according to the website.

This is what it states on latest popup message when opening the Thailand Pass site for those not vaccinated.

image.png.aaa5f629fc420cc28ac5ff301382e3b4.png

For a antigen test she should be able have it done with saliva.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

This is what it states on latest popup message when opening the Thailand Pass site for those not vaccinated.

image.png.aaa5f629fc420cc28ac5ff301382e3b4.png

For a antigen test she should be able have it done with saliva.

yes, do you know what the difference is between RT-PCR and ATK tests?

14 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

yes, do you know what the difference is between RT-PCR and ATK tests?

A RT-PCR test is more accurate than a ATK (antigen test kit). ATK's are normally used for self testing which is not allowed to meet the entry requirements.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For a antigen test she should be able have it done with saliva

I'm not sure you're correct about that. I just took an official atk test before flying in this week. No saliva test was offered and the only differences between the atk and PCR were how long it takes to get the answer and the cost of the test

Edited by LukKrueng
Typo

I am confident enouth that one proof of negative test negative PCR test its okay. But the problem in Thailand is that visitors must have health insurance which an issue that increase expendicure travel. I have been traveling every year in Thailand for my work since 2010. I havent health insurance and I stayed approximately 3 months for my work (I am European citizen) so if I want to go for vacations most travelers would prefer to go in Greece-Spain -Turkey -Cyprus-Croatia etc and they have European insurance cover from individual States. Another issue for foreigners is that they have to pay approximately €3 every day for immigration status. Most European States have their Embasies in Bangkok and may have signed hospitals contracts for European citizens health care instead of these controversial expensive monthly plan with Asian health care private sector.

2 hours ago, Paris333 said:

I am confident enouth that one proof of negative test negative PCR test its okay. But the problem in Thailand is that visitors must have health insurance which an issue that increase expendicure travel. I have been traveling every year in Thailand for my work since 2010. I havent health insurance and I stayed approximately 3 months for my work (I am European citizen) so if I want to go for vacations most travelers would prefer to go in Greece-Spain -Turkey -Cyprus-Croatia etc and they have European insurance cover from individual States. Another issue for foreigners is that they have to pay approximately €3 every day for immigration status. Most European States have their Embasies in Bangkok and may have signed hospitals contracts for European citizens health care instead of these controversial expensive monthly plan with Asian health care private sector.

Your European insurance will be accepted if it clearly says it covers Cover-19 for 10K USD. In the USA all, insurance covers Covid-19. What is 3 euro every day for immigration status?

Edited by Onerak

On 6/16/2022 at 3:54 PM, Onerak said:

Your European insurance will be accepted if it clearly says it covers Cover-19 for 10K USD. In the USA all, insurance covers Covid-19. What is 3 euro every day for immigration status?

Three € per day is equal approximately €90 per mounth and if yoy add mandatory Covid-19 insurance in private Asia health sector then your monthly expendicure increased approximatelly €90 +€100 = €200. Ι have live in Bangkok three -four months per year since 2010 and I paid rent TB7.200 approximately €200 per month in Ekamai area near Philippines Embassy area near Waterford Hotel.

I love Thais but can you figure it out that Europeans pay with Ryan Air to travel in Europe sounth resorts 30 ale-reteure air tickets. I have also traveled many times with Ryan Air in Milan with €15 ale -reteure -Sofia with €7 -€10 etc. (every week)

3 hours ago, TheLaughingMan said:

Great news, to be clear when we arrive in Thailand we will still need to show a test taken in the departing country within 72 hours of arriving right?

Pre departure test was removed long time ago. May be few months ago. Don't remember when. If you're unvaccinated, you may be subjected to a random test in the pool of unvaccinated arrivals.  If you're vaccinated, they will check your vaccination card. 

6 hours ago, Onerak said:

Pre departure test was removed long time ago. May be few months ago. Don't remember when. If you're unvaccinated, you may be subjected to a random test in the pool of unvaccinated arrivals.  If you're vaccinated, they will check your vaccination card. 

This is the information I found:

"From 1 July, 2022, foreign nationals are only required to show proof of either a certificate of vaccination or a negative RT-PCR or professional ATK test result within 72 hours of travel. These can be in a print or digital format. Random checks will be made on arrivals at Thailand’s international airports or land border checkpoints (in 22 provinces). Unvaccinated/not fully vaccinated travellers who are random checked and who are unable to show proof of a pre-arrival negative test will be required to undergo a professional ATK test at the point of entry."