Biden falls off bike in Delaware, but is ‘fine’

onthedarkside

Screenshot_1.jpg.ca8ac3f59703a64265fed7e875738af8.jpg

President Biden took a tumble getting off his bike on Saturday, but said he was all right.

The president had just completed a ride at Cape Henlopen State Park in Delaware when he fell. Secret Service agents quickly helped the 79-year-old commander-in-chief up.

“I’m good,” Biden told reporters. “I got my foot caught” in the toe cages.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-falls-off-bike-in-delaware-but-is-fine/ar-AAYCgNM

1843936212_NewYorkDailyNews.jpg.39e5fdd5f4c316c82341ded473568153.jpg

Three thoughts:

1. Despite being an avid cyclist, I seriously doubt I'm going to be cycling about by the time I get to age 79 (assuming I do). So at least he deserves some respect for that.

2. Falling off his bicycle right now is just about the last thing Biden needs, given the growing doubts (as shown by polling numbers, warranted or not) that more and more Americans have about his fitness for office.

3. I don't believe he's unfit for office, but the right-wing Republicans have been harping hard on that theme, and at least some Americans are buying it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Can't handle a bicycle and he's supposed to be handling world affairs? Such an embarrassment.

You prefer he golf like [Trump]?

President Donald Trump has spent 307 days, almost a full year, golfing during his presidency. The total is likely to be the most golf outings of any president in history.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

"Yeah but he's still better than Trump" is one of the weakest political arguments I've heard.

Biden's country is in tatters. As commander in chief he is sole responsible for that situation.

Thanks for that, I just spat my ‘covfefe’

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

"Yeah but he's still better than Trump" is one of the weakest political arguments I've heard.

Biden's country is in tatters. As commander in chief he is sole responsible for that situation.

He does stumble sometimes. He's not as sharp as he was 20 years ago. The voters knew all that when the was elected with an overwhelming popular vote margin and a very healthy electoral one as well. 

I don't remember any of this kind of nasty whining when we had Reagan who had Alzheimers for about his last two years in office.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He does stumble sometimes. He's not as sharp as he was 20 years ago. The voters knew all that when the was elected with an overwhelming popular vote margin and a very healthy electoral one as well. 

I don't remember any of this kind of nasty whining when we had Reagan who had Alzheimers for about his last two years in office.

Polls indicate carnage at mid terms. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Polls indicate carnage at mid terms. 

They do. Normal for midterms but yes this will likely be extra bad. So what's your point? I get that you hate Biden. You can vote him out if he runs again which he probably won't. That isn't enough?

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Under Reagan the country wasn't on the verge of collapsing. Biden is objectively and unquestionably a terrible POTUS because 18 months in, his country is in ruins.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, rattlesnake said:

Under Reagan the country wasn't on the verge of collapsing. Biden is objectively and unquestionably a terrible POTUS because 18 months in, his country is in ruins.

A bit of hyperbole? 

• Like 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

They do. Normal for midterms but yes this will likely be extra bad. So what's your point? I get that you hate Biden. You can vote him out if he runs again which he probably won't. That isn't enough?

I cant vote. Btw i hope stocks crash though. The worse he is the better for me. The west has lots of bad leaders atm though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1