Cheapest place in Pattaya for HIV viral load

Everyman

Why aren't you getting your medication in Pattaya. All government hospitals are offering free HIV medication for all patients. (Thailand has he included in the group of low income countries that get the medication free. It's been in affect for the past year or more. I know a few people that don't pay for the doctor appointments or  blood  test at their district hospital clinic. They are just asked to pay hospital admin fee of 50 baht. A lab test for viral load is around 1000 baht from a low cost lab. Ask the doctor for ACRiptega it contains (Lamivudine) which is supply to SA, Thailand etc. For free. Acriptega was prescribed in a blue bottle recently it has been changed to a noname white bottle. In THE USA it selling around $450 per month. The director of the Red cross Hospital it an excellent doctor he works at several private hospital  in bkk. 

9 minutes ago, arick said:

Why aren't you getting your medication in Pattaya. All government hospitals are offering free HIV medication for all patients. (Thailand has he included in the group of low income countries that get the medication free. It's been in affect for the past year or more. I know a few people that don't pay for the doctor appointments or  blood  test at their district hospital clinic. They are just asked to pay hospital admin fee of 50 baht. A lab test for viral load is around 1000 baht from a low cost lab. Ask the doctor for ACRiptega it contains (Lamivudine) which is supply to SA, Thailand etc. For free. Acriptega was prescribed in a blue bottle recently it has been changed to a noname white bottle. In THE USA it selling around $450 per month. The director of the Red cross Hospital it an excellent doctor he works at several private hospital  in bkk. 

My experience about 'free' is different, in Hua-hin you'll have to pay for the medication.

And you'll have to follow a procedure that violation of your rights of privacy.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, arick said:

The link is five years old. 

And ...

The info is still accurate, abet pricing may be different.  A quick Google (if actually interested) would show clinic mentioned is still open w/Ph #, which is still the same, with directions to said clinic.

Suggestions asked for & provided.

Are non Thais eligible for free meds, as your reply made reference to ?  As I suspect the OP is not, and seems to have already source that RC / Bkk prices their med inexpensively.

Simply wants to know where to get VL test, hopefully inexpensive, and since clinic is in the same info as RC info, I'm guessing it may be one of the cheaper options.  Verified by a simply phone call if anyone interested.

Assuming he already knew going to 'district hosp clinics' as you suggested, without info of, was already an option.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

And ...

The info is still accurate, abet pricing may be different.  A quick Google (if actually interested) would show clinic mentioned is still open w/Ph #, which is still the same, with directions to said clinic.

Suggestions asked for & provided.

Are non Thais eligible for free meds, as your reply made reference to ?  As I suspect the OP is not, and seems to have already source that RC / Bkk prices their med inexpensively.

Simply wants to know where to get VL test, hopefully inexpensive, and since clinic is in the same info as RC info, I'm guessing it may be one of the cheaper options.  Verified by a simply phone call if anyone interested.

Assuming he already knew going to 'district hosp clinics' as you suggested, without info of, was already an option.

Yes The drugs I mentioned are free to non Thais.  That blood test might be included as free along with the free drug. The World programme is supplied to Thailand and the designated countries at roughly  a 75 cents  per month. So free  a non discrimination policy. Residence of Thailand can obtain free drugs. Not just Thais.  I dont understand why your so offenfed/ defensive the The information is not accurate! It is out of date ie AZT for treatment is top on the list.  And you have a price list  when HIV drugs are now free.For non complicated HIV. Also the main drugs for treatment have changed three times since 2018 I agree with you he could of  just call or Google a lab. Their are more clinics in pattaya then tourist. .

I just stated that the link you shared  is over  four years old! If you read the first section they even mentions AZT treatment!  I think a thank you for my information would be more appropriate! It's not just the Op that reads the comments. Testing positive can and is a very traumatic time for person. As a a foreigner residing in Thailand can even be more daunting. 

Before only if you had Social Security your drugs were paid for. 9 years ago to this day there were  clinics and doctors getting the drugs at cost price and charging double or more to line their own pockets. 

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I find it appalling you can't get PrEP generic in Pattaya, girls don't know anything about it

I'd be surprised if they can't, and think it's just a cost factor.

36 minutes ago, arick said:

Yes The drugs I mentioned are free to non Thais.  That blood test might be included as free along with the free drug. The World programme is supplied to Thailand and the designated countries at roughly  a 75 cents  per month. So free  a non discrimination policy. Residence of Thailand can obtain free drugs. Not just Thais.  I dont understand why your so offenfed/ defensive the The information is not accurate! It is out of date ie AZT for treatment is top on the list.  And you have a price list  when HIV drugs are now free.For non complicated HIV. Also the main drugs for treatment have changed three times since 2018 I agree with you he could of  just call or Google a lab. Their are more clinics in pattaya then tourist. .

I just stated that the link you shared  is over  four years old! If you read the first section they even mentions AZT treatment!  I think a thank you for my information would be more appropriate! It's not just the Op that reads the comments. Testing positive can and is a very traumatic time for person. As a a foreigner residing in Thailand can even be more daunting. 

Before only if you had Social Security your drugs were paid for. 9 years ago to this day there were  clinics and doctors getting the drugs at cost price and charging double or more to line their own pockets. 

That's got to be some really old info if the poison AZT is on the list.

Quick search and available to Thais, or work permit holders.  Very quick search.

Also thinking if gals or whoever working in Patts, on 'gold' plan, may have to return

to home province where they are registered for treatment/meds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I find it appalling you can't get PrEP generic in Pattaya, girls don't know anything about it

And it's free. Buy then go figure a pregnancy test is half the price of two condoms on 711

1 hour ago, arick said:

ART is NOT free to non-Thais (though anyone covered under Thai Social Security can get it under that scheme).

I have no idea what you mean by "the World programme", there is no program by that name AFAIK. Thailand produces much of its own ART  and the Thai HIV treatment program is almost entirely financed by the Thai government.

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

While government hospitals are the least expensive place to get this test, they won't do it on demand or for someone not under their treatment.

OP can get a VL done here https://ccsmedicallab.com/services/#STD

But would have to call for the price

I got a hep c vl test done there. Ok, had been a patient, but that was a long while back. The tests all get sent to a  Bangkok lab I believe.

On 6/20/2022 at 5:04 PM, Sheryl said:

ART is NOT free to non-Thais (though anyone covered under Thai Social Security can get it under that scheme).

I have no idea what you mean by "the World programme", there is no program by that name AFAIK. Thailand produces much of its own ART  and the Thai HIV treatment program is almost entirely financed by the Thai government.

They (Non Thai) are getting it for free and its currenlty made if Goa India! You can PM me and I will give you the doctors Name