Have appointment at Jomtien immigration for retirement extension. Do I have to stand in the line, with non appointments?

2 hours ago, biervoormij said:

My appointment at Jomtien seemed to mean nothing but that was about 4 months ago.  Please let us know if the appointments are now helpful.

That was my experience also..

• Like 2

An appointment in LOS that doesn't involve a queue ... well unless your hooked up with some serious hi-so, or other connected Thai to smooth and part the queue waters ... impossible hahaha ????

Take a sandwich, large caffe buran, your phone, ear buds and make sure you have wifi connection to while away the time of HumpBook. 

I think it’s the same as any dealings with immigration: office dependent. I made an appointment for a marriage extension in Kalasin and received a confirmation email but they were completely unaware of it when I arrived. It wasn’t busy so just proceeded as a “walk in”

I made an appointment for my extension of stay last month at Huahin immigration. I took a number when I entered and waited. When my appointment passed I waited a few more minutes for my number to come up.

The officer scolded me and told me I should have walked up to his window and informed him when my appointment was due. That seemed rude to me but that's what I'll do next time for sure. Apparently it's up to us to press the issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RocketDog said:

The officer scolded me and told me I should have walked up to his window and informed him when my appointment was due

This is worth pointing out.

There is no # announcement with appointment.

When officer free and it's your time slot step up. 

Having your appointment printout in hand helps and no need to say anything 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

May I say that it's different in CM.

When the time of my appointment is up (maybe a few minutes +/-) an officer shows up and  calls out my appointment number.

• Like 1

Would be helpful to have a few more replies on topic ie recent experience of Jomtien on line booking. My own is that it works well and your booking nos comes up on the electronic board having reconfirmed by email on the day.

On 6/22/2022 at 5:56 PM, DrJack54 said:

Yes, that's why I posted my experience. You're pointing out what I pointed out.

• Sad 1

On 6/22/2022 at 11:54 AM, biervoormij said:

My appointment at Jomtien seemed to mean nothing but that was about 4 months ago.  Please let us know if the appointments are now helpful.

On 6/22/2022 at 2:05 PM, chang50 said:

That was my experience also..

Same here got me to the front of the queue only,had to pick up a ticket and wait my turn... practically worthless.

On 6/22/2022 at 4:43 PM, DrJack54 said:

The appointment system at CW runs like clockwork in my experience and same judging by posts from others. 

Good for you.... perhaps Jomtien Immigration may copy some day...or not.... 

• Sad 1