Lottery latest: Fraudster nabbed in Rayong while a spider in Ang Thong heralds riches come July 1st

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na continued to report on everything to do with the state lottery with two stories yesterday. 

Like most Thai media they can't get enough of them. ASEAN NOW brings them to you as part of our cultural service. 

In the first they reported that Muang Rayong police in eastern Thailand were called after a woman called Kanda, 60, got a fake lottery ticket from a Surin woman called Noojan, a construction worker aged 38. 

Kanda is a lady who buys winning lottery tickets for a commission and spotted straight away that the first three numbers on the 4,000 baht "winning" ticket from the June 16th draw had been altered.

"I've seen everything in my time," she told Sen Sgt Major Mangkhang as he charged Noojan with falsifying documents and fraud. 

Noojan was in tears and had plenty of excuses as the lottery lady did the damning pointing.

She claimed she had no idea it was a fake, a fellow construction worker had given it to her to claim the prize and she waited so long because she was busy. 

image.jpeg

Meanwhile the appearance of a kind of large spider called a "Phaya Beung" was attracting the attention of lottery "experts" in Ang Thong, central Thailand.

After doing some obligatory praying with joss-sticks and candles, numbers were put on bits of paper by the spider's hole and they waited, reported Naew Na

image.jpeg

The numbers selected in the creature's fangs would be used to win the next lottery draw on July 1st.

You heard it here on ASEAN NOW....

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-06-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

You know, I have tried using these predicted lottery numbers.

Be it car crash number plates, banana trees; monitor lizard with talcum powder; cow with two heads; snakes etc. and you know what I have never won.

I am sorry, I don't believe this spider knows any better.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Kanda is a lady who buys winning lottery tickets for a commission and spotted straight away that the first three numbers on the 4,000 baht "winning" ticket from the June 16th draw had been altered.

Amazing Thailand.

On 6/24/2022 at 6:31 PM, kidneyw said:

You know, I have tried using these predicted lottery numbers.

Be it car crash number plates, banana trees; monitor lizard with talcum powder; cow with two heads; snakes etc. and you know what I have never won.

I am sorry, I don't believe this spider knows any better.

Auspicious numbers are all around us..

Eight-legged creatures however, have a history of being able to forecast sporting / betting events. ????

Ollie the Octopus