90 days report in Chiang Mai -

For the first time ever it seems like I'm in need of going through the 90 days report process as I won't be leaving the country before the end of July.

I arrived in Thailand the 5th of April, when do I need to do my 90 days report exactly ? Would it be July 4th ?

Apparently I can do it online but the system seems unreliable from what I read ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best

Your report will be due on July 3rd. You can do it now since your are within the 15 days before the report window. You could also do it up to7 days after the report date.

If you have never done a 90 day report before you would not able to use the online report system. The new online reporting system is much better than the old one.

• Like 2

The drive thru at the main Chiang Mai immigration office is normally a quick and efficient way of doing your report.

If you are traveling by car then you don't even need to get out of it.

All you will need is your passport and a filled out TM 47 form which you can download in advance.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RedReding said:

Very clear answers from both of you. I'm driving a car indeed. 

Thanks a lot, I will download the Tm 47 form.

…and the drive thru window lane is clearly marked at the entrance to the Immigration office.  Quick and easy!   Oh….don’t forget…they’re closed between noon and 1:00!   Just did mine there three days ago.  Took five minutes most of which were spent waiting in my car in line!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedReding said:

Does anyone could provide me a link with the TM 47 form ? I found the one of 2020 but i'd like to make sure i'm downloading the latest one.

The one you fournd is still good. They have not changed the TM47 form for many years (if ever).

Hopefully can post question about online report here.

So just now started to fill in my online report.

The issue is address.

I cannot recall on my previous online report I included my room # or not.

Sounds trivial however as I understand it the info must match exactly your previous report.

Wishing I had taken screenshot of last time I fill in the information.

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The issue is address.

I cannot recall on my previous online report I included my room # or not.

Sounds trivial however as I understand it the info must match exactly your previous report.

If you have done a online report before on the new site you can have your report autofilled.

After entering your passport and selecting you nationality upi can click this and it autofill your report. image.png.60360e555c7e7300b876356e7c9e021d.png

You can also find your previous report after logging in by clicking this button. image.png.e540c3693d2710d97bda5d35c0df6c01.png

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

After entering your passport and selecting you nationality upi can click this and it autofill your report

Thankyou ubonjoe.

How easy is that.

My report is now pending.

Hopefully this whiz bang new system will continue with no hitches.

Such a quick simple process. 

On 6/26/2022 at 1:13 PM, RedReding said:

Does anyone could provide me a link with the TM 47 form ? I found the one of 2020 but i'd like to make sure i'm downloading the latest one.

Thanks a lot.

That should be good. But just in case, you can pick up any Immigration form from the small waiting area outside, which is conveniently located a few meters from the drive-thru 90d window. You don't need to park, just hop off your car and back.

Also, as a general info, the second IO previously at Promenada has now relocated to Central Festival mall, 2nd floor. For those who like a stroll and a meal together with their Immigration business.

On 6/27/2022 at 8:57 AM, DrJack54 said:

My report is now pending.

So this 90 report online was made yesterday 9am (CW).

How long should I wait.

Received email application received and status is "pending".

If no joy tomorrow think will use postal option. 

Edited by DrJack54

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How long should I wait.

Wait for at least 3 days or so. Some offices are busier than others and it can take longer to get the approval.

Edit: Yesterday was the first day they would of processed those done on Friday and the weekend. It may be delayed due to the backlog that they have.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Wait for at least 3 days or so. Some offices are busier than others and it can take longer to get the approval

Well it's official ..I'm a convert to the new online system.

This is now my second using the fab new system.

So filled in the online form yesterday (Monday) 9am and now approved 11.23 am (Tuesday) 

This is for CW. 

As pointed out earlier by ubonjoe there is an auto fill for all but first couple of fields which takes out any small errors.

Happy chappy here as this method is so so quick and can be done from anywhere in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

For the first time ever it seems like I'm in need of going through the 90 days report process as I won't be leaving the country before the end of July.

I arrived in Thailand the 5th of April, when do I need to do my 90 days report exactly ? Would it be July 4th ?

Apparently I can do it online but the system seems unreliable from what I read ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best

So... I went this morning and the gentleman at the 90 days report drive in booth (very friendly by the way) told me that since I'm under a COVID extension at the moment there was no need for me to do the 90 days report.

Is this correct ? I find it a bit strange.

Best

13 minutes ago, RedReding said:

So... I went this morning and the gentleman at the 90 days report drive in booth (very friendly by the way) told me that since I'm under a COVID extension at the moment there was no need for me to do the 90 days report.

Is this correct ? I find it a bit strange.

Best

Correct. The Covid extensions are issued at 60-day intervals so you already 'check-in' often enough with immigration to satisfy the arcane requirements of the 90-day report.

On 6/28/2022 at 10:08 AM, DrJack54 said:

How long should I wait.

I made mine at 9am, I got the approved email at 2pm.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I made mine at 9am, I got the approved email at 2pm.

I ended up with approval.

All up under 24 hr.

That now makes 2 successful online with the new system from my previous 2 reports.

I'm onside....seems new system great improvement.

In particular the auto fill button after filling in first couple of fields is a winner.

Avoids typos.