How on earth do they fit in economy?

13 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Ban these types from boarding. 

Issue resolved.

* ever notice that these "hefty" specimens have a Euro-ancestry and lifestyle?

A hint that you might not pick up on.

Really?? So all the obese people are of European descent? You haven't been around much, have you.

BTW, what's a European lifestyle??

40 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

And lo & behold right in the middle seat next to me was a fat young Filipino guy ,kept saying excuse me to me ,he is the one overloaded into my seat but he seemed aggressive type so I held back saying anything to him, but this was economy and 3 seats per row and there was some fatties in there !! And I don't mean chubby,one guy they had to move ,I felt sorry for him though he was very obese 

18 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I'm going to be honest here, I pay more to fly business class ,I don't want to but I have to.

Did you get downgraded from business class?

2 hours ago, Pawpcorn said:

Point taken! 36 baht instead of 18 baht (Khon Kaen to Kumphawapi [80+ km]) wouldn't break the budget, lol.

this is what I do on the Ekkamai to Pattaya bus if there are seats available. it eliminates the chance of being sat next to by a large farang in a Sing-ha or Chaang wife-beater ????

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It is a nightmare when a fat person is in the seat next to you, you could ask to be moved, but you'd hope the airlines had some kind of system to not put 2 big people together.  A big guy next to a small woman may work ok.

I agree though the real big guys should save up and go business

If a fat guy is too fat to sit on a normal seat without spilling on to the next seat, he should have to pay for two seats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The two worst experiences I have were:

When smoking was still permitted in aircraft, being seated behind a guy who chain-smoked all the way from Sydney to Los Angeles on a 14 hour flight.

I prefer aisle seating as there is a bit more leg room, and I can get up and walk around to avoid DVT. On a flight from Melbourne to Bangkok ( 9 hours ) there was a nuff-nuff with OCD seated at the window in my row who wanted to leave his seat every five minutes.

Economy seating in aircraft is like a democracy, everyone gets the same vote irrespective of body mass, habits, or intelligence

We had a chap in front of us that farted non stop all the way from Auckland to Sydney. I'm sure the chemtrails is still there.

• Haha 2

Air Asia used to allow you to buy 3 seats on their long haul flights for a reduced fare if the plane wasn't full so you could lie down.

I've done that, and some fat sod will plonk next to you. The hostess has to explain that they have to move, and get met with a torrid of abuse.

1 hour ago, sipi said:

Air Asia used to allow you to buy 3 seats on their long haul flights for a reduced fare if the plane wasn't full so you could lie down.

I've done that, and some fat sod will plonk next to you. The hostess has to explain that they have to move, and get met with a torrid of abuse.

That was good. Used to do that too. Jetstar started having cheap direct flights to Bangkok and Phuket and Air Asia, with the one stop, became a distant memory. 
I am tall but in my cost benefit ratio business class is often not worth it. Rather spend the difference during the holiday. I can pay extra for the leg room but that often puts you outside the toilet which is not so good. Either that or paying for an aisle seat good enough for me. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Will B Good said:
On 6/25/2022 at 9:28 AM, CharlieH said:

People seem to manage.........

images (35).jpeg

images (26).jpeg

Second pic.....what an arßehole........I am embarrassed just looking at that....USA? 

Sorry....don't mean to to rain on your witty, clever, and terribly funny US  bash....but he's a Dutch guy named Oliver Richters.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, intheheartoftheheart said:

Fuel ain't cheap. Decreasing weight helps. If airlines relentlessly charge for an extra 10-30kg of luggage they should also weigh passengers and charge accordingly. 

I think this would make travel unaffordable for most Americans and Brits.

That's the most annoying part. Airlines are so fussy about baggage weight and charge you loads if you are over but an extra 100 lbs in body weight, hey no problem.

On 6/26/2022 at 7:07 AM, CharlieH said:

Did you know some airlines make bigger people buy 2 seats and some airlines actually WEIGH the passengers !

Old friend lived in Pattaya, now deceased, always flew same airline to/from family in New York City to Suvarnabhumi. Always used same airline because he was registered with them for special deal buying 2 seats. But he would never reveal the airline name. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Sorry....don't mean to to rain on your witty, clever, and terribly funny US  bash....but he's a Dutch guy named Oliver Richters.

And where in my post is any mention of US or any other nationality for that  matter ?

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2022 at 3:50 PM, Lacessit said:

IIRC premium economy means you will get a seat the same size as an economy seat, but with a lot more leg room.

I prefer business class; however, I suspect that class is now beyond the wallet of the average traveler now.

Business Class is spiraling outta control right now with the price of Jet A fuel.

Now all airlines have their own version of Premium Economy, but we've flown United Premium Economy several time. 

It's definitely a good upgrade from regular economy, and on UA at least the seats are wider and more legroom, and a much more agreeable price.

My wife has a trip booked in a couple of months and the DEN-NRT segment is in Premium Economy. Unfortunately ANA don't offer it on the NRT-BKK segment

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 7.01.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 7.00.41 PM.png

14 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Second pic.....what an arßehole........I am embarrassed just looking at that....USA? 

Yes, whenever you encounter some embarrassing 'arßehole', no doubt he's from the USA. Your education is really shining through. ???? 

Edited by ColeBOzbourne
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Yes, whenever you encounter some embarrassing 'arßehole', no doubt he's from the USA. Your education is really shining through. ???? 

Yes...sorry no need for me to say that........just based on my past experiences, which is unfair.

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:
6 hours ago, Hayduke said:

And where in my post is any mention of US or any other nationality for that  matter ?

I was not commenting on your OP.....but rather a response to your OP.

Edited by Hayduke

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

That's the most annoying part. Airlines are so fussy about baggage weight and charge you loads if you are over but an extra 100 lbs in body weight, hey no problem.

I guess charging by the kilo would be a nightmare......but you could charge for excess.....anything over 82 kg I would have gone for.

11 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I guess charging by the kilo would be a nightmare......but you could charge for excess.....anything over 82 kg I would have gone for.

Are you 82 Kgs by any chance ??? ????

I’m 183cm & 95 kgs, fit n healthy….   I don’t like your idea to charge me an extra 13 kgs… how about giving you a smaller seat instead ???  :passifier:

• Haha 1

Sat next to a very large guy last month…

His stomach was 1” from the seat in front, no lie ( I wanted to take a photo but didn’t want to get caught being offensive ).  He rejected food service, getting the tray down was an impossibility. 

I felt sorry for him….   I see some kids of some friends today, as kids they are already big… some just have a huge fight against genetics ahead of themselves.

19 hours ago, sipi said:

We had a chap in front of us that farted non stop all the way from Auckland to Sydney. I'm sure the chemtrails is still there.

Did you wear a mask?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are you 82 Kgs by any chance ??? ????

I’m 183cm & 95 kgs, fit n healthy….   I don’t like your idea to charge me an extra 13 kgs… how about giving you a smaller seat instead ???  :passifier:

Hahaha........ spot on 5' 11" and 82 kg....piled it on this year after getting down to 74 kg.