Best Dentist/Dental clinic in Phuket?

pluto_manibo

Does anyone have a good address for the best care for cosmetic dentistry on Phuket? Scheduled for an appointment at Bangkok-Phuket Hospital but also booked in Phuket Cosmetic dental clinic. I have no experience with either. Just cracked and lost a bridge and looking into tooth removal and implants. Thank you.

I guess not! Well as an update for further reference. I have gone to both places for an evaluation and treatment plan. The doctor, Dr. Supachai at Bkk-Phuket Hospital, seems to be well recommended. The Phuket Cosmetic dental clinic has amazing facilities and very friendly, well spoken, patient approach. However their website was lacking and there seemed to be nobody at their clinic. Still debating, if going to Bangkok for treatment is a better option. Any experience or recommendations in regards to treatment and implants, would be most welcome. Thank you.

5 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

I can recommend the dentistry section at Mission hospital. First class and inexpensive.

Thank you for your reply! I am looking for the best quality, experience, care, standards in Phuket. Being such a popular tourist destination, I would have imagined more people have had dental implants in Phuket and could share their experiences and advice.

4 hours ago, pluto_manibo said:

Thank you for your reply! I am looking for the best quality, experience, care, standards in Phuket. Being such a popular tourist destination, I would have imagined more people have had dental implants in Phuket and could share their experiences and advice.

It's hard to define.  My best may not be your best.

These days I only ever get dental work done whilst on holidays in Phuket - far better value and service than back home in the UK.

After a recommendation from a local expat German hotelier I've always used Dr Nis at New Smile (formerly Promjai) in the grounds of the Patong Merlin. I've spent many GBP'000s on fillings, crowns and root canals over the last five years but not (yet) implants, although they are available.

• Like 1

Dental art in Kata. Kep Moni is a good dentist at Mission ,but the work is as good or better at Dental Art. Main road west side of Patak road. Next to hot and cool phone shop.Wife had root canal for 6000 at dental art, Mission wanted 20000. Same price farang or Thai.

Edited by STALINGRAD

7 hours ago, STALINGRAD said:

Dental art in Kata. Kep Moni is a good dentist at Mission ,but the work is as good or better at Dental Art. Main road west side of Patak road. Next to hot and cool phone shop.Wife had root canal for 6000 at dental art, Mission wanted 20000. Same price farang or Thai.

That seems a good price for root canal. I paid B12,500 for each at New Smile so priced midway, but those were back teeth - according to their website fronts are B8,000.

It was a very long but painless procedure - two visits IIRC.

Edited by London Lowf