OEUK and NMA Offshore Medicals

NanLaew

I see that Dr. Vatana Supromajakr at Bumrungrad is now approved to do the NMA Norwegian medical (previously only registered with OEUK).

At the same time, Dr. Thanes Sinsongsook at Samitivej is also now registered with OEUK (previously only registered with NMA).

Has anyone recently had either exam (or both) done at either Bumrungrad or Sumitivej and what were the costs? Can they bundle the exams into one longer session session?

I have of course asked at both hospitals but patient experience is always good to know.

Thanks,

NL

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't able to get a BOGOF on these medicals so went ahead with the NMA at Samitivej which was as quick and easy as the last one. Flew down the night before, stayed at a hotel a 5-minute walk away so signed in at 9 a.m. and all done and dusted by 12:30.  4300 baht.

For the OEUK, I opted to try the Occupational Health Department of Srinagarind Hospital at Khon Kaen University. That took a bit longer but that was mostly due to me arriving 45 minutes late and being unfamiliar with the location of the various departments where the testing was done. That and exclusively Thai signage but luckily they use Roman numerals. Some of the staff are also pretty limited with their language skills but with my pidgin-Thai, I didn't get an unscheduled hysterectomy. Anyway, a good experience and an excellent post-examination review by the doctor.   3720 baht.