Jump to content

Has anyone been able to get a corona visa extension in Udon Thani?


Recommended Posts

I am currently living in a condo in Udon Thani. 
I took that contract with me.
Then the lady in charge in immigration told me to get the documents of the owner of the condo.

But I can't get in touch with the owner.

 

When I extended covid visa in Pattaya, I was not told such a complicated thing. 
I just brought contract and done.

 

Or Is it because I did not clearly say that "I wanted to extend 'covid visa' ?" 
I just said "I wanted to extend visa". 
 

My visa expires in two days. What should I do?

 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, asia123 said:

I took that contract with me.

Immigration most likely require you to provide a TM30.

Checking into most hotels they file a TM30 and can give you screenshot.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Immigration most likely require you to provide a TM30.

Checking into most hotels they file a TM30 and can give you screenshot.

 

Thank you for your reply.
So in this case, in order to get TM30, do I just book a cheap hotel somewhere in Udon Thani for one night and show the receipt to the immigration office? As I am unable to contact the condo owner in two days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, asia123 said:

Thank you for your reply.
So in this case, in order to get TM30, do I just book a cheap hotel somewhere in Udon Thani for one night and show the receipt to the immigration office? As I am unable to contact the condo owner in two days.

 

You also need to get a screenshot printed out that shows the completed TM30 report from the hotel. The hotel will have to provide this for you as you will not be able to get it anywhere else. Receiving a copy, however, is not a right, so do ask nicely.

 

Make sure the hotel is going to complete the TM30, or you will be wasting your money.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was in UdonThani 2 months ago I when there to get a Covid extension. They would only give Covid extension if you had proof from your embassy as to why you couldn’t return home

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are covid extensions still a thing considering Thailand is throwing open the borders and downgrading the impact of the pandemic?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Are covid extensions still a thing considering Thailand is throwing open the borders and downgrading the impact of the pandemic?

Yes, untill 25th July.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, deansy1972 said:

They would only give Covid extension if you had proof from your embassy as to why you couldn’t return home

That is just yet another immigration office playing games.

Earlier this year Hua Hin did same thing to 2 friends of mine.

HH wanted letter from their embassy.

Guess what (no surprise) 5k each fixed the issue..

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I just got my covid visa and returned home safely. In Pattaya, I had to go four times in total for a 60-day visa, but in Udon Thani I was able to get 60 days in one visit. It was good because it was not crowded.

 

TM30 nightmare.

Edited by asia123
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2022 at 2:54 PM, asia123 said:

 

I am currently living in a condo in Udon Thani. 
I took that contract with me.
Then the lady in charge in immigration told me to get the documents of the owner of the condo.

But I can't get in touch with the owner.

 

When I extended covid visa in Pattaya, I was not told such a complicated thing. 
I just brought contract and done.

 

Or Is it because I did not clearly say that "I wanted to extend 'covid visa' ?" 
I just said "I wanted to extend visa". 
 

My visa expires in two days. What should I do?

 

What happened to the TM30 you got when you entered the country?

Any way my story it if helps you is, I entered the country on 1st June using Thai pass and got a 30 day visa on entry however I had a return flight to the U.K. booked for 27Th July so 6 days after i arrived I went to UdonThani immigration and they immediately gave me another 30 days for 2,000baht (no change 555 ) and no problems all very friendly and helpful.

MY experiences every time with UD immigration has always been good and I think it is because I go there well dressed in a ironed shirt and trousers and also and I think more importantly I am respectful giving wei’s and thank you’s even to the girl on the desk as you enter in Thai and as a result they appreciate it and exude helpfulness.

Believe me they look for this and if you look you will see them watching your every move.

They will also open up to you and speak English.

 

if you are disrespectful they will take it as a slap in the face and rightly so because they do not deserve attitude like that, so your problems will begin and become more difficult to achieve your aims

So yes get a copy of your TM30 from the hotel as stated herein by others if you can, but if not just go there and explain your inability to contact your landlord and ASK THEM what you can do and if they can help you, it’s got to be worth a shot at, but get there around 9am be well dressed and respectful.

I hope this will help you.

Let us know how you get on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 1:59 PM, Jimjim1 said:

What happened to the TM30 you got when you entered the country?

 

You never get or fill in a TM30 when you enter the country. You may have filled in a TM6, but that depends on the date you entered.

On 6/29/2022 at 1:59 PM, Jimjim1 said:

Any way my story it if helps you is, I entered the country on 1st June using Thai pass and got a 30 day visa on entry however I had a return flight to the U.K. booked for 27Th July so 6 days after i arrived I went to UdonThani immigration and they immediately gave me another 30 days for 2,000baht (no change 555 ) and no problems all very friendly and helpful.

That is not a 60 day COVID extension.
 

The no change if giving ฿2,000 for a ฿1,900 fee is well documented in Udon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You never get or fill in a TM30 when you enter the country.

You should have a TM30 within 24 hours of arriving, unless staying at your existing Thai address and arriving on an re-entry permit when the existing TM30 will suffice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

You should have a TM30 within 24 hours of arriving, unless staying at your existing Thai address and arriving on an re-entry permit when the existing TM30 will suffice.

The vast majority of people coming to Thailand never submit a TM30 as they are either staying in a hotel/guesthouse or returning to their usual address (if on a re-entry permit or not). 
 

As I said nobody fills in a TM30 on entry, also very few, apart from those staying long term here, even know of the existence of it.

 

So your point is?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2022 at 2:01 PM, DrJack54 said:

That is just yet another immigration office playing games.

Earlier this year Hua Hin did same thing to 2 friends of mine.

HH wanted letter from their embassy.

Guess what (no surprise) 5k each fixed the issue..

 

Still cheaper than an agent 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...