Police corruption: Chief calls for investigation after claims that cops are selling the evidence - cars

webfact

50 minutes ago, webfact said:

The provincial chief of the Nakhon Sri Thammarat police in southern Thailand has called for an investigation into activities at the Thung Song police station. 

If he is the Chief why is he not cinductiong the investigation rather than calling/asking for it?

• Like 2

I can guarrantee that if there is an RTP officer that is honest and hardworking then he or she would be the loneliest person in Thailand. 

I mean this country isn't alone in having a corrupt police force but few other narionalities blagg on about how moral and above reproach they are at the same time.

• Like 1

Great news.  Cracking down on corruption!!!  Soon it will be gone. If not in the headlines, it's gone!!!  It's always only bad news from certain countries, so why not go to those other great places that never have  bad news stories?????   End of corruption, finally.

I am selling 982037489203473249283 bridges.  Let me know if you want to buy one.  Good price!!  Pro-mo-tion!!!   

5 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

This is all these cops drive expensive cars even that one cop that everybody likes his Alexis had bullet holes in it outside a massage place in Bangkok there are corrupt here TIT

He can get another Alexis from Amazon.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, n8sail said:

There was one...  he got run out of the country and lives alone in Australia.  Luckily so far it seems his family here is still alive.

Documentary worth watching for those that haven't seen it.  Nearly a tear-jerker at times.  Buddha help this goodness-forsaken corruption-hole:

Wow, that was powerful, total respect for this guy, he should be running the country. And I hope the aussies look after him. Respect too for the old aussie who befriended him but a Blues cap would have looked better

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

I can guarrantee that if there is an RTP officer that is honest and hardworking then he or she would be the loneliest person in Thailand. 

I mean this country isn't alone in having a corrupt police force but few other narionalities blagg on about how moral and above reproach they are at the same time.

I don't know why anybody is still complaining about police corruption as if it's new.  

Corruption is "baked-into" the salary structure of the police as none of them would be able to survive without some sort of graft to supplement the income.  Good work is rewarded by assignment to better graft sources, etc.

It isn't as if most police world agencies don't have some sort of extra-judicial policies for members of the police, whether it's being able to speed & park anywhere they want, to free meals at restaurants, to keeping the beer they confiscate from underage drinkers.  There's always going to be some level of "corrupt" practices that is overlooked.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, n8sail said:

There was one...  he got run out of the country and lives alone in Australia.  Luckily so far it seems his family here is still alive.

Documentary worth watching for those that haven't seen it.  Nearly a tear-jerker at times.  Buddha help this goodness-forsaken corruption-hole:

I was impressed by this man also...until I found out he was in charge of the infamous Koh Tao cover-up. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, n8sail said:

He could come in useful, as he now works in a car seat upholstering factory. True.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

I was impressed by this man also...until I found out he was in charge of the infamous Koh Tao cover-up. 

I saw no mention in the multitude of reports on the fiasco. Do you have a link or reference?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maejo Man said:

I saw no mention in the multitude of reports on the fiasco. Do you have a link or reference?

Well isn't that interesting.  Will research more, but apparently even the most courageous have skeletons in their closets.

Not allowed to post the link here due to draconian forum rules, but if you google "Paween Pongsirin koh tao murders" and click the first link you can read an article from 2014 in our most neutral and brilliant English language news organization here in Thailand.

(Of course who REALLY knows what happened on Koh Tao.  I suppose there is some chance the Burmese guys actually did it...)

*sigh*

23 hours ago, n8sail said:

Thanks so much for sharing; human misery has little impact on corruption and those engaged in human trafficking! 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 8:20 AM, webfact said:

Claims were made online and on Thai TV that a former chief of the station and now a bigwig in the local force was benefitting from the sale of cars that were being stored for evidentiary purposes after things like crime and accidents.

Perks of the job.