Netizens call for justice in case of famous Thai in China whose dog died on an airplane

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: #callforjustice

Daily News reported that netizens on the Chinese platform Weibo and on Thai Twitter were commenting in droves on the case of Mimi Lee, a Thai former member of the Rocket Girls 101 pop group who has become very popular in China, and her pet dog.

She had posted on Weibo about her sad story of her fluffy white pooch that was travelling from Bangkok to Shianghai on a plane. 

She said she was waiting for the dog's arrival after quarantine procedures after they had been parted for two years.

She got to the airport early, such was her sense of anticipation. But she was then told that her beloved pet had stopped breathing. 

She contacted two sections of the airline in a desperate bid to get to the bottom of what happened. All she found out was that her pet was in the hold at a "high temperature."

A hashtag started trending on Twitter that translates as#justiceformimi.

Netizens noted that sending pets is more expensive than regular cargo and food and water should be provided but had apparently not been touched. 

The airline was not named, notes ASEAN NOW. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-06-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

image.jpeg
Picture: Daily News
  • Sad 1

A sad story for the owner.

Too often: "It's not my job" is the excuse - every link in the chain unconcerned about the live cargo.

"Left in the heat" ... hope that doesn't happen to other cargo, like vaccines ...

Maybe Chinese authorities did it? ... risk of carrying covid?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JoePai said:

My goldfish died when I was 7

Yes but then there was no social media for you to go on  to indicate to the entire world that you thought you were sooooo special that anyone would care if your pet died. Moving forward many years these narcissi seriously think the world pays any attention to their twaddle, well I'm wrong there, the netizens who similarly have their heads up their backsides start crawling out of their holes as in this case.  Mind you, guess you never thought it necessary at the time either to photograph the plight of the dead goldfish whist showing your legs almost uncovered up to your naughty bits, well as a 7 year old you wouldn't but it makes you wonder what she really is up to.

• Confused 2

Wow.  That has always been on my mind.  Pets being placed in cargo are at the mercy of delays and the weather.  I’m sad for her.  I realize it’s the only option for some but it is risky and there’s no guarantee you’ll see you pet again like before.  

5 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

She hadn't seen the dog for 2 years, then decided to bring it to China.

Should have left it with whoever had been taking care of it.

But then she would have got no free publicity

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, law ling said:

A sad story for the owner.

Too often: "It's not my job" is the excuse - every link in the chain unconcerned about the live cargo.

"Left in the heat" ... hope that doesn't happen to other cargo, like vaccines ...

Maybe Chinese authorities did it? ... risk of carrying covid?

Maybe ground staff broiling up some lunch

I know its little off topic, but did anyone follow the Milk Tea Alliance ... the Internet meme war between Thailand - China, which raged all through the Pandemic period .

(Latter Taiwan/HK joined Thailand hence the name)

Its brought to mind because it started over something like this--- A Thai Soap star saying the wrong thing about China..

I was Surprised ASEAN  never reported on it .  The insults were quite funny & as there was a language barrier most of it was carried on in English.

Chinese refer to Thais as Little Pink.

In Milk Tea We Trust': How a Thai-Chinese Meme War Led to a New (Online)  Pan-Asia Alliance – The Diplomat

16 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Many years ago I took my dog, a German Shepard, from the UK to Southern Africa. I didnt rely on the airline I got a professional company to take care of everything. The dog arrived in perfect condition

You do realise that the professional company only does the paperwork before and after the flight, but it is the airline that does the actual transport, right?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Excel said:

Yes but then there was no social media for you to go on  to indicate to the entire world that you thought you were sooooo special that anyone would care if your pet died.

I am a dog lover. I don't care about influencers, but this story... I am on her side. If something, other than natural causes, happened to my dog there would be hell to pay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LukKrueng said:

You do realise that the professional company only does the paperwork before and after the flight, but it is the airline that does the actual transport, right?

Yes I do but the company makes sure everything is provided. There again if, and I dont know, the flight was a Chinese company would you expect professional care for them?

2 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Yes I do but the company makes sure everything is provided. There again if, and I dont know, the flight was a Chinese company would you expect professional care for them?

If the airline or flight crew make a mistake such as not compressing the cargo bay all the great service of the professional company won't make a difference...

Sending a dog to China??? Where they serve it as a main dish at restaurants?

That's like sending a Turkey for Xmas to homeless people

She should eat it herself.

She's way too skinny and looks like an alien

• Confused 1