Restaurants in Pattaya. Restaurants in unlikely places Yamahato Restaurant on Soi 13 and the Rinapp Restaurant Soi 13/1. And restaurants on Soi Windmill and Soi Diamond

The Hammer2021

Restaurant in unlikely  places. I noticed some interesting  restaurants in unlikely  places such as the Yamahato Restaurant on Soi 13 and the Rinapp Restaurant on Soi 13/1
Also on Soi Windmil and Soi Diamond between 2nd Rd and WS there are Italian, German  and Belgian  restaurants. Does anyone  know anything about them?

41 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Good  quality  breakfasts are now common.  I can name 5 places all as good as the Swan.

You ask for reccomendations on a particular soi, get one and proceed to rubbish it. How rude are you?

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 3:45 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Yamahato Restaurant on Soi 13 and the Rinapp Restaurant on Soi 13/1

Yamahato, Soi 13?

Are you sure?

Bet it's Yamato on Soi Yamato (also called 13/1) :biggrin:

That the Soi is nicknamed after the restaurant says something.

Must be there since ages.

But that's all I can tell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yamahato, Soi 13?

Are you sure?

But that's all I can tell.

Yes, perhaps Yamoto restaurant has been there so long that it originally appeared to be "in place" but over time the soi changed so much that it may now appear to be "out of place" in that soi.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Was there 22 years ago when I first stayed on soi Yamato, was already the nickname then. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Was there 22 years ago when I first stayed on soi Yamato, was already the nickname then. 

To be sure. Soi 13/1 and 13/2  was my home away from home for 15 years. Sitting across the Bars opposite to "Yamatos" for 15 years. Even in the "hay-days" I always wondered how this place stays in business. Little business as opposed to "Rinapp". 2 Meters away from "Yamatos".

Travel restrictions are being lifted. Tempted to look around in my "home away from home" once more. (Soi 13/1, soy 13/2). But afraid to not recognise my former "home away from home" anymore. Fearing total dissapiontement.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

Yes, perhaps Yamoto restaurant has been there so long that it originally appeared to be "in place" but over time the soi changed so much that it may now appear to be "out of place" in that soi.  

Yamoto restaurant was there 30 years ago and the soi has been called Yamoto that long as well.

14 hours ago, Boyn said:

Yamoto restaurant was there 30 years ago and the soi has been called Yamoto that long as well.

That sounds about right.  My point being, Yamoto restaurant most likely didn't appear out of place on that soi, 30 years ago.  Fast forward 30 years (pre covid) and Yamoto restaurant was / is surrounded by girly bars and massage shops in a tired looking soi, which is probably why it looks out of place for the OP.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

That sounds about right.  My point being, Yamoto restaurant most likely didn't appear out of place on that soi, 30 years ago.  Fast forward 30 years (pre covid) and Yamoto restaurant was / is surrounded by girly bars and massage shops in a tired looking soi, which is probably why it looks out of place for the OP.

Rinapp and the Swiss restaurant, whose name I forget, are also on the soi. Some of the bars are restaurants before nightfall e.g. The Swan and a few others.

• Like 1