Exeptional Lave To Remain.

A guy I know has recently had a stroke and is seemingly brain damaged. He keeps forgetting where he is, what he does, the need for visas etc. He is married to a Thai woman who quite frankly I trust as far as I can throw.

He is currently on a tourist visa but it is only a matter of time before he forgets to renew. Is there any kind of visa exemption for someone who is {or becoming} unable to manage their affairs?

This sounds like something that needs a professional view taken. If on a Tourist visa, then I can see issues on the horizon re medical care {insurance etc.}. If you can post more detail, then maybe posters here can offer suggestions, but medical issues are an area of growing concern for immigration.

Regards

He is not recieving any treatment - I dont think there is any for dead brain cells. If it was not for his being guided through his day, he would most likely be wandering round a field somewhere.

I worry about him being locked in the IDC with no idea where he is, why he is there or who to call.

I know there are those who would say he will be better off in England which is most likely true but that is not an option at this time.

If he is on a tourist visa and married to Thai who "you" don't trust - then the option of not returning to the UK is not an option - the option is to return while he is still capable - there is no medical assistance what-so-ever from the Thai government and has to be self funded.

Is he legally married? If so I suspect the wife will control his fate while he is in Thailand. But don't understand why he would be here on tourist visas if legally married. There is cheap and free medical treatment available here but it would not be easy and probably not that advanced upcountry. If you know this person do you know of any relatives/family in the UK? Or are all his ties here? Does he have a pension or other means of support?

I expect arrangements might be made with Immigration but probably only with assistance of wife as it does not appear he is capable of any independent action.