Current STV extension requirements

Good afternoon!

I am due to extend my STV for the first time and am a little confused by some of the requirements. Has anyone extended theirs in Bangkok recently and can help me with a couple of issues? 

What exactly is meant by the ASQ certificate? Is this relating to my Test and Go hotel quarantine from nearly three months ago? I don’t know if I still have the PCR test documentation or anything other than the hotel receipt. Will this possibly be an issue? 

Also, is there still a requirement for $US100000 in covid insurance? Only some of the websites I’ve come across seem to mention this, separately to the regular travel insurance requirements. If so, can anyone recommend an insurance company currently offering coverage this high? As the requirements for other visas have been scaled back, many don’t still seem to offer these plans anymore. 

Thanks in advance for any help ????

Talk to your local immigration office, and ask what they will require. This is likely to vary greatly between offices: everything from the rules as they existed a year ago to just a copy of your passport data page and visa page.

7 hours ago, GFunkDeluxe said:

Thanks. I emailed the Bangkok immigration office last week but didn’t get any reply. Is it worth calling them or would it be best to just go down there and try and deal with it all in person in one go? 

If it is convenient to visit Chaengwattana in person, that is probably best. I would treat it as mainly a scouting expedition, rather than expecting a smooth extension on the spot (though you might get lucky).

Other than an in-person visit, I am not sure what to suggest. Phone enquiries are dodgy. You are quite likely to get inaccurate answers.

You could talk to an agent to see what they want to charge to sort everything out for you, but I would not offer more than 5,000 baht on top of the 1,900 baht extension fee.

For anyone coming across this thread looking for similar answers, I made the trek out to Chang Watthana Immigration Division 1 (Bangkok) today (July 1st) and came away with the following

-Although covid insurance has been reduced or removed for other travellers, the STV extension still requires US$100000 of covid insurance. Most insurers have stopped issuing this much for covid cover but the official recommended Pacific Cross as still offering a relevant plan. Unfortunately they do not seem to offer an instant online application. 

-They were very insistent on seeing all the documents from our Test and Go quarantine hotel (from nearly 3 months ago), including ASQ certificate, PCR test results, and hotel receipt. Thankfully our hotel was still able to provide these again (I’d thrown them away). 

-Although they seemed happy with the receipt for a 90 day Airbnb booking, they requested a completed TM30 form from the owner. You won’t get this from Airbnb and must contact the owner directly. 

-We had booked six months of the relevant travel/health insurance (assuming we’d extend the STV a second time for the full 9 months) however, we were told that this can only be done in 90 day increments and will have to cancel the policy. The policy must cover THB40000 outpatient and THB400000 inpatient expenses. 

-I’d also recommend downloading, printing, and completing the TM7 form before you go (I googled and found it at 1486547929418.pdf)

-Don’t expect a reply if you email the address on their website with any queries. Two emails over two weeks and nothing at all back in response. Contacting the Thai Consulate in Sydney also just resulted in a copy and pasted list of requirements for applying for the visa in the first place, not extending it. 

Oh well, it is what it is. Back again next week. ????????‍♂️ 

• Like 1

I did mine in Chonburi (Jomtien/Pattaya), yup they wanted that insurance, the TM6 card(seems like everyone wants this),proof of paid residence, the required fee in cash, your actual passport, that silly ASQ form you got upon testing in ASQ hotel, a photo, passport biometric & visa page photostat copy, completed TM7 form, STM2 form completed. They rifled thru these docs I presented for over 15 mins and voila, an extension stamp was inserted into my passport.

I have no idea if any of this was overkill, but it did the trick.  Go figure, this becomes the required 90 day check in, so there is nothing else until the next visa renewal.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 7:22 PM, GFunkDeluxe said:

For anyone coming across this thread looking for similar answers, I made the trek out to Chang Watthana Immigration Division 1 (Bangkok) today (July 1st) and came away with the following

-Although covid insurance has been reduced or removed for other travellers, the STV extension still requires US$100000 of covid insurance. Most insurers have stopped issuing this much for covid cover but the official recommended Pacific Cross as still offering a relevant plan. Unfortunately they do not seem to offer an instant online application. 

-They were very insistent on seeing all the documents from our Test and Go quarantine hotel (from nearly 3 months ago), including ASQ certificate, PCR test results, and hotel receipt. Thankfully our hotel was still able to provide these again (I’d thrown them away). 

-Although they seemed happy with the receipt for a 90 day Airbnb booking, they requested a completed TM30 form from the owner. You won’t get this from Airbnb and must contact the owner directly. 

-We had booked six months of the relevant travel/health insurance (assuming we’d extend the STV a second time for the full 9 months) however, we were told that this can only be done in 90 day increments and will have to cancel the policy. The policy must cover THB40000 outpatient and THB400000 inpatient expenses. 

-I’d also recommend downloading, printing, and completing the TM7 form before you go (I googled and found it at 1486547929418.pdf)

-Don’t expect a reply if you email the address on their website with any queries. Two emails over two weeks and nothing at all back in response. Contacting the Thai Consulate in Sydney also just resulted in a copy and pasted list of requirements for applying for the visa in the first place, not extending it. 

Oh well, it is what it is. Back again next week. ????????‍♂️ 

I had a STV last year. With borders closed it worked a treat and I got a stay of nearly a year. With borders open the STV is too much of a hassle, I will go back to SETV and just move around