Single cream

I've searched in vain for this in all the supermarkets and one or two delis. I want to add it to my coffee and to make carbonara. It's supposedly keto friendly so I would love to hear from anyone who has found it. I'm in Pattaya. I've tried whipping cream - I guess not a bad substitute, but it's pricey and the large cartons will go off quite quickly I think, even in the fridge, with my usage. I bought a small 200ml carton from Foodland of Emborg for 109 THB. After 2 days I had to cut the carton open to get at the contents, which really resembled double cream. I got maybe 5 cups of coffees' worth out of it. Almost 22 THB per cup. The Danish UHT milk isn't really keto friendly but is ok if there's really nothing else available. TIA.

Edited by bradiston
Misquoted quantity

Nah, not really.  TH doesn't seem to be a dairy friendly place ????

Half & half will cut the cost a bit.  UHT probably best alternative, no worries of going off.   Except for whipping and half & half, and H&H is marginal extra fat vs UHT fat content.   Some of the other 'barista' labeled coffee milk / creams don't even have the same content of some whole milk.  Bit of false marketing.

I have to plan wisely when getting a carton, a liter of H&H as will turn before I use it up.  Plan on a week of cappuccino & a creamed pasta dish, if going to succeed using before it turns ????

• Thanks 1

I buy the ARO Brand from Makro.  Lasts a good three weeks before I use it all up.  Keep it towards the rear of the refrigerator where it stays nice and cold.  Of course it is pricy, but then it lasts and is good for all my cooking, making fruit salads and adding it to my coffee with a splash of vanilla. I use a small hand mixer to mix it to a nice consistency.

20220630_102513.jpg

20220630_102518.jpg

1656559827261410735582943523615.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I use a small hand mixer to mix it to a nice consistency.

1656559827261410735582943523615.jpg

I have same type, works great.  Coffee machine has a steamer/frother, but find it easer to heat the milk/half & half in the microwave and use this instead.  

60 baht @ Daiso, and it's lasted a few years.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CharlieH said:

For coffee use I would suggest a "frother" it can whip the milk into near a cream and is very effective.Especially if you use "barrista" milk which is now available.

Just a suggestion ????

Example here, look at review images.

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.hHa1f

Thanks Charlie. I like my coffe and milk quite hot and I like more milk that most folks in my coffee. So this product would help to get/keep the coffe and milk more hot.

Right now I make my coffee in a small one output one shot steam machine or in a plunger, both fairly hot but when I add milk there's a big reduction in the overall temperature.

Adding the milk (frothed and heated) looks like a good idea.

844Baht a little expensive, anybody noticed any similar milk heaters/frothers at a lower price? Thanks.

9 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Thanks Charlie. I like my coffe and milk quite hot and I like more milk that most folks in my coffee. So this product would help to get/keep the coffe and milk more hot.

Right now I make my coffee in a small one output one shot steam machine or in a plunger, both fairly hot but when I add milk there's a big reduction in the overall temperature.

Adding the milk (frothed and heated) looks like a good idea.

844Baht a little expensive, anybody noticed any similar milk heaters/frothers at a lower price? Thanks.

I use the Nespresso machine and a similar frother by the time the one is done the other is ready too. So everything stay hot together and the cream sits nicely on the top and sip the  coffee through it.

800 is not  bad considering you'll probably have it a long time. ???? and it is very convenient.

Cheaper is not always better and you may end up buying twice.