Cetus Condo Jomtien

ThaiPauly

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Not living there but i had a look at at it the other day while hunting for a condo to buy with a sea view, brand new building with full amenities but yet mostly empty because of the Covid business, pricey units, but if you're in the market for good condo and have plenty to pay, this could be a good place...

Built in 2014.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BangkokAlan said:

I don't live on Jomtien full time as we are in Bangkok but have a holiday home in the Aeras. Both Cetus and Aeras condos were built at the same time and launched within months of each other, similar designs and quality. I chose Aeras as it had a bigger balcony sea facing but I would recommend both if you want a quality place to stay and because of the price point they don't attract poor quality tourists when airbnb returns in volume.

We spend weeks in that area at a time its much quieter the beach is excellent now that they have extended and lots of new cafes and restaurants of good quality on the beach now. Also some good street vendors for food and beer on the beach.

That area of Jomtien is for people who want a home and don't need to be in walking street or Soi Buakao every night. You can be in Central Pattaya in 30 mins on the Songtaew for 10 baht or with bolt or grab for a couple of hundred baht. We have other apartments in Pattaya we rent out in central Pattaya, Pratumnak and South Pattaya but prefer this area to all others.

This is just our choice it depends on everyone's lifestyle.

Aeras is newer, finished in 2017.

I've lived in that area for over 10 years. Cetus is way too much money for what you get. I would recommend La Royale. I've stayed in 3 different units, leaving only when work calls me away, and I always go back. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, and the view in most units is breathtaking. It IS a little older and cracks are starting to appear here and there, but I believe the building is structurally sound.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2022 at 3:26 PM, BangkokAlan said:

because of the price point they don't attract poor quality tourists when airbnb returns in volume

All airbnb/booking.com tourist are the plague.

Avoid to buy a condo in a project you find on the mentioned booking platforms at all. 

• Thanks 1

I looked at Cetus (& Reflections nearby) as I like the area because I prefer quieter areas, nice to have the Baht Bus running outside so easy to get into Jomtien / Pattaya, only downside I could see is it's a trek to the Supermarket but all quiet places are.  

In the end I decided on Wongamat instead, have just renewed for a 2nd year as we really like it here but if I hadn't have I would have been back looking at Cetus/Reflections, maybe even a bit further down towards Na Jomtien. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

I thought Air BNB was made illegal in Thailand ?

Renting a Condo for less than 30 days is (normally, there are exceptions) illegal but no problem booking 30 days+ via AirBnb.

A good Condo management team will push back on short term lets, we initially did 5 days via AirBnB at the condo block we now live in (it was genuinely a trial run to see if we wanted to live here) & the GF got interrogated by Security (Had to register & leave her Thai Driving License) but I ended up tacking on a 30 day stay to our booking as it was clear from the moment we got into the room that we liked the place. 

We've had a change of management team since & I've seen Security turn away a couple of people who were clearly staying for less than 5 nights, & I  can't find a listing on AirBnB here anymore. 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thanks 1

The area can feel a bit sleepy long term. I kept finding myself going into Pattaya main a lot.

The beach was not ideal and water felt just not really something I would like to swim in all day so most of the beach stuff was being on the sand down near dongtan, since I don't like being around lots of people in the chairs on the main section which the Thai's like. (I don't like being around people at the beach and the sand felt dirty in those areas).

On the flip side if your working or doing your own thing it's great to be able to go out and then return home. If I did not have work or my own gig I would not want to just retire in Jomtein.

• Thanks 1