90 Day Non-Immigrant O financial requirements

Hi all,

I'm a UK citizen married to a thai lady living in the UK and we plan to move to Thailand within the next 2-3 months. I plan to apply for a 90 day non immigrant o before i leave UK which I will then convert to a one year marriage visa after 60 days. Looking online I see that one of the requirements for the 90day visa is a bank statement to show that you have enough money to cover your stay but I cant find a recommended figure to show. Can anyone help please? 

Also can anyone advise how long in advance I can apply for a visa , for example if I apply one month before will the visa start from the day it is issued or can I stipulate my travel date when I would like the visa to start?

Many Thanks.

If applying for a non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai you will only need to show financial proof of at least 20k baht.

The validity of the non-o visa is 3 months from the day it is issued. You can use the visa for entry up to the day it expires and get a 90 day permit to stay when you enter the country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, killblues said:

.......which I will then convert to a one year marriage visa after 60 days.

You would be obtaining a 12 month extension based on Marriage.

Using money in bank method that would require you to have 400k in Thai bank in your name for 2 months prior to application.

You could also consider obtaining your non O in Thailand after arrival given that at some point you require funds in the bank. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am now attempting to complete my application for Non Immigrant 0 (over 60 days) but the online application is requesting that I download a bank statement showing £10,000 plus in my account which I believe is only required for the 12 month visa. Does anyone know how to get around this as I have tried to complete the application without it but it will not allow me to do so?  Many Thanks.

21 minutes ago, killblues said:

Hi, I am now attempting to complete my application for Non Immigrant 0 (over 60 days) but the online application is requesting that I download a bank statement showing £10,000 plus in my account which I believe is only required for the 12 month visa. Does anyone know how to get around this as I have tried to complete the application without it but it will not allow me to do so?  Many Thanks.

Are you talking about the e-Visa application in the UK?

Evidence of GBP 10,000 in the bank for the non-O visa to visit family sounds right. I can't find the corresponding page on the website of the Thai embassy in the UK, but on the website of the embassy in Switzerland the requirement is stated as follows:

"a copy of the applicant’s bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less 
than 400,000 Baht"

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

Are you talking about the e-Visa application in the UK?

Thats right yes. According to a Thai law expert ive contacted online the 400k is only required for the 12 month extension not the original 90 day visa which makes sense as I can't normally get a Thai bank account until I get the 90 day visa and the 12 month visa requires the money to be shown in a Thai bank account. Hope that makes sense !!

I pointed that out to the Thai embassy in Switzerland a few years ago but they insisted on the equivalent of THB 400,000, which could be in a bank account outside Thailand.

I thought of reporting it to the Consular Department of the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) but then let it be, more so since the MFA's website states that individual embassies and consulates have the right to add anything they like to the requirements listed on the MFA's website, and I happened to have the required amount in a Swiss bank account.

8 hours ago, killblues said:

That is an error on the e visa website. It has been reported by other.

I have suggested to them to upload a file stating the funds are not required for a non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai. And upload a proof of at least 20k baht in a bank.

Somehow it is putting the financial requirements for a non-o visa for retirement in the one you want.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is an error on the e visa website. It has been reported by other.

I have suggested to them to upload a file stating the funds are not required for a non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai. And upload a proof of at least 20k baht in a bank.

Somehow it is putting the financial requirements for a non-o visa for retirement in the one you want.

I will give that a try , thankyou. Thanks to everyone who has taken time to reply, very much appreciated.

Hello again , I took Ubonjoe’s advice and downloaded a note in the proof of funds over £10000 section stating that this was not required for a 90 day visa and I have now received my visa within 24 hours.  Thanks again.