Donald Trump stalwarts finally turn on him after Hutchinson's testimony

onthedarkside

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Exactly. It's totally absurd. For a witness to act as if they could accurately remember every word of every recalled quote would ruin their credibility unless they could prove they were a freak with perfect photographic memory.

Well, they should be able to remember SOME of them at least, don'T you think? And IF there was any kind of cross examination of the witness, that could come out in the questioning. But that isn't happening here. It is one sided and becoming rather a farce. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

It's only a "farce" to Trumpist loyalists as they're starting to realize the jig is up and their criminally corrupt dear leader is now permanently damaged goods.

It is not a trial.

It is not a body that can indict.

If hopefully Trump is indicted for one ot more of his obvious felonies then the rules of trials will be in effect.

For now Trump and his associates are more than welcome to testify under oath. But most are too chicken as they have awareness of guilt and of course they  can always take the fifth.

I am no "Trump loyalist". My preference is that he fade away from politics as fast as possible.  He was good for the US and good for the economy while he was in office, but that is over now. My opinion, he should have taken the "L" and gone home. But that just isn't in his nature.

About the only good he does is in still turning the left and the media into gibbering morons- it is quite entertaining. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Trump Likely To Announce Run Soon Because He's A 'Freaking Toddler,' Says Ex-GOP Official

""Donald Trump may soon announce he’ll run for the presidency because he’s having a fit about the dirt revealed about him in Jan. 6 hearings, and because he has “all the impulse control of a freaking toddler,” a former GOP official scoffed Saturday.

"I think that Republicans, yeah, this is the golem they created,” Bardella added."

I think he thinks being an official candidate might shield him from being indicted. Sadly it might because he will weaponize his well armed cult and Garland might feel  indictments aren't worth the risk of civil war.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I think it needs to be done anyway. There has to be a reckoning for treason of the worst kind or the US as a democracy is lost.

I mean, what if DeSantis wins in 24 and won't concede in 28? He's MUCH smarter than trump and could actually pull a coup off.

I do too but I fear Garland might be too much of a milquetoast. We will be in uncharted waters if he does act.

On the other hand, his former law professor does think he will probably do the right thing.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So this is just entertainment for you.

That is disgusting.

Also you say you're not a trump loyalist yet much of your rhetoric could be taken directly from Truth Social.

So sorry Charlie your denials are simply unbelievable.

Quacks like a duck

It is entertainment for me the same way it is for Democrats. All they want is to torpedo Trump '24 and keep the American people distracted going into the midterm elections. All their performative vituperation and angst is a big show put on for their friends in the media.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

It is entertainment for me the same way it is for Democrats. All they want is to torpedo Trump '24 and keep the American people distracted going into the midterm elections. All their performative vituperation and angst is a big show put on for their friends in the media.  

Conspiracy theory could be straight out of Truth Social.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

About 1.5 years after the traitor told his supporters to "fight like hell" he is still running around free.

What else must happen before Trump will be arrested?

For me it seems there is so much evidence that 10% of that must be enough to put him behind bars. But in America, the land of the free, little things like saying the vice president deserves to be hanged is obviously nothing serious.

And about half the country still supports him.

And he has a good chance to be elected again to be their president.

It should be unbelievable except it's reality... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

True, yet don't Congressional investigations involve competing testimonies, and questioning of witnesses from people other than those who are eager to give them tongue baths?  Makes the paranoid in me wonder what is being hidden from the public.

Plenty of pro-Trump witnesses have been invited to testify. They mostly refuse. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

About 1.5 years after the traitor told his supporters to "fight like hell" he is still running around free.

What else must happen before Trump will be arrested?

For me it seems there is so much evidence that 10% of that must be enough to put him behind bars. But in America, the land of the free, little things like saying the vice president deserves to be hanged is obviously nothing serious.

And about half the country still supports him.

And he has a good chance to be elected again to be their president.

It should be unbelievable except it's reality... 

His support is softer than you think.

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Yeah, that whole "pandemic" thing might have had a bit to do with it.  But 3 years of 2% inflation and sub 4% unemployment were fab. Plus the US becoming a net exporter of energy thanks to increased production, fracking, etc.  Plus midEast peace deals. Plus criminal justic reform....

You don't have much use for fact checking, do you? And when you do cite a fact, it's a misleading one.

Here's a graph of us inflation rate over the past 10 years:

image.png.5c1f87f87b5581f3e4a67877cdf21b77.png

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/inflation-cpi#:~:text=Inflation Rate in the United,percent in June of 1921.

As for the unemployment rate, do you notice a trend?

image.png.eb1a61d86be4be5ea57fffc6272f3e45.png

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate#:~:text=Unemployment Rate in the United,percent in May of 1953.

The United States became a net total energy exporter in 2019 for the first time since 1952 and maintained that position in 2020 and 2021.

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/us-energy-facts/imports-and-exports.php#:~:text=The United States became a,position in 2020 and 2021.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Uh, it looks to me like your graphs actually prove my point.

Inflation in 2017 was 2.13%, 2018 was 2.44%, 2019 was 1.81%, 2020 was 1.23%.

Unemployment? 2017 was 4.36%, 2018 was 3.9%, 2019 was 3.67%, 2020 was 8.31% (thanks Covid).

And thanks to fracking and exploration, as you said in 2019 the US became an energy exporter.  Biden OTOH is an enemy of the energy sector. That is what he promised in his election campaign and what he is doing. 

So I am really not sure what you think you are proving with your graphs, other than that I was right...

• Thanks 1