Pattaya police step up overnight Beach Road patrols after multiple reports of thefts from Indian tourists

webfact

2 hours ago, 2baht said:

Indians are lining up, borrowing money to get to Pattaya to file a claim!  

Well.....you would obviously be surprised to understand the real wealth of many Indians.....they would shame the "cheap charlies" of Payyata:)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Well.....you would obviously be surprised to understand the real wealth of many Indians.....they would shame the "cheap charlies" of Payyata:)

Is it hard to get to Payyata? I'm sure the poor still outweigh the rich.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

officers were interviewing “suspiciously” loitering individuals at random, especially transgenders, and ensuring they had no criminal history and questioning why these people were loitering in the area.

Gender profiling? 

Not very woke. 

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

What a good idea!  Maybe soon a police shift system will be introduced whereby the force works day & night to 'serve & protect.'

They serve and protect their own and their Sino-Thai masters. 

Just as it has always been and how they originated.

Fighting crime and serving the needs of ordinary people who are victims of crime is a Western concept, and must seem quite odd to them, that there are people who perform this role as a job overseas and not purely for profit. 

35 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

I have a really stupid question. Why is it always "Indian tourists"? 

Same reason (my opinion) that its usually Indians asking you on the phone about your recent accident and that there is a problem with your computer they can help you with. 

22 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Police Lieutenant Thanaphat Klebe-Udom from the Pattaya Tourist Police, officers were interviewing “suspiciously” loitering individuals at random, especially transgenders, and ensuring they had no criminal history and questioning why these people were loitering in the area.

????

These Indians are becoming a nuisance and drain on police resources.

I hardly recall an issue before they came, nor anyone else claiming a problem.

Maybe inform all Indians on arrival:  If you wear gold you will not be helped by police nor given a report for insurance claims

13 hours ago, JayBird said:

I hardly recall an issue before they came, nor anyone else claiming a problem.

There most certainly was pre-Covid......the Indians were well known as being victim to every scam in the book....from the street necklace dipping to the spare katoey under the bed rifling through their pockets. 

They came across as very lacking in 'street wise'.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, roger101 said:

Beach Road 3 o'clock in the morning and they get mugged. What do they expect.

What they are after, of course they get something they do not. I have tried to warn a few here and there!