RTP chief admits Thai police are virtually powerless to stop weed use - no arrests at all so far

webfact

I think the police got thrown under the bus on this. The government failed to legislate it properly before Anutin decided to shoot his fat gob off to prove he's next PM material.
Weed is a massive recreational drug industry and there will be, and likely are, many hustlers and entrepreneurs looking for action in this space. Boundaries will be tested and that's not going to end well. TIT, not California.

Edited by Karma80
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Another potential money maker taken away from

the Police , with the legalization of weed , what to do now......

In other news, the police have given up trying and have now started smoking dope to cope, to the point that General Suwat has changed his name to General Sowhat.

When asked for further comments, Sowhat said, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha............

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Correct, and tens of thousands probably more like hundreds of thousands are now growing for recreational use and a second income stream at home.

Thousands of businesses are now openly using it and selling it.

Loads of people are sending me pictures of their plants, people that I thought would never be into it.  I even found an employee growing cannabis last week at one of my businesses, who was politely told he can't do that on company premises.

Too late to roll it back now.

That is a good thing, time for the alcohol lovers to accept that cannabis is no longer looked down on. Plus it actually is safer.

Your totally right that you don't let an employee grow cannabis on your premises. I think my landlady would not like it if i started growing it.  

Personally i like it for my backpain at night, but i get a tendency to use it to early at night at times and then.. Dieet is gone. So im trying to not do that. Because the moment I get a buzz, I order icecream or other bad stuff with grab.

So while i don't think its bad for me its has a serious downside. But the sleeping part is heaven. Instead of waking up countless times at night i can make a full night sleep and wake up fresh.

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Correct, and tens of thousands probably more like hundreds of thousands are now growing for recreational use and a second income stream at home.

Thousands of businesses are now openly using it and selling it.

Loads of people are sending me pictures of their plants, people that I thought would never be into it.  I even found an employee growing cannabis last week at one of my businesses, who was politely told he can't do that on company premises.

Too late to roll it back now.

Haha.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

He urged calm in the circumstances as the house committee continues its deliberations and the police themselves get to grips with what they can and can't do. 

Ask Anutin, this was his baby which he railroaded through without a care in the world.

Coming from a so called health minister he should be dismissed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Another potential money maker taken away from

the Police , with the legalization of weed , what to do now......

regards worgeordie

Where there's a will there's a way.

17 hours ago, n00dle said:

nope, too many powerful people have gotten behind recreational sales. its not going away.

Agree;

EXCEPT if the government changes 
than laws are passed making it once again illegal 

16 hours ago, robblok said:

Because the moment I get a buzz, I order icecream or other bad stuff with grab.

That's pretty funny. I picture you like a Jekyll/Hyde like character... one puff of cannabis and his inner sugar freak is cut loose! Normally a pillar of self-discipline in his sober state, a few milligrams of inhaled THC invariably releases a savage, self-destructive junk-food eating monster.

Edited by PadPrikKhing
  • Haha 1

In a nutshell, the legalization has been a complete farce with the RTP as the collection money has gone up in smoke and now will have to get up and go out to find some more helmetless infringers ????

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Ask Anutin, this was his baby which he railroaded through without a care in the world.

Coming from a so called health minister he should be dismissed.

Probably the only Health Minister in the world that has ever done something 'the people' liked. I suspect he'll be next PM off the back of this legalisation.

Edited by BritManToo

On 7/2/2022 at 10:51 AM, webfact said:

Sarayuth Sanguanphokhai said not a single arrest has happened.

Duh! When something suddenly has become LEGAL, why would there be any arrests?

On the other hand, the RTP is notorious for actually making up or "interpret" laws as they see fit in many other instances in order to extort money or making unlawful arrests. So why so coy all of a sudden?

The true farce is, of course, that the government announced the complete legalization BEFORE a sensible regulatory framework was drafted that clearly defines what is allowed and what isn't. Why the head-over-heels rush into legalizing cannabis without having guidelines in place? It's like riding a horse before saddling it up and then wondering why you're ending up in a ditch.

Germany is going to legalize cannabis in the very near future. To prepare for that, they have set up a house committee comprising members of all stakeholders and interest groups from both the public and private sectors that currently deliberate on a regulatory framework, including (but not limited to):

- the minimum age for legally buying cannabis and whether certain user demographics should be barred from purchasing cannabis products (e.g. pregnant women)

- how and through which channels cannabis products can be sold (e.g. private shops, online stores, pharmacies, etc.)

- what THC threshold will be allowed and whether certain cannabis products (e.g. hashish) should remain banned

- what licenses or permits retailers/dispensaries must obtain

- from which grower sources cannabis products can be legally obtained by merchants/retailers

- whether there should be an excise tax on cannabis products or not

- whether consumption will be allowed on-premise in dedicated venues (e.g. "cannabis cafes", etc.)

- whether and how many cannabis plants can be grown for private consumption and whether such growing must be registered or not

- and so on and so on

And you can bet your grandma's bong that Germany will NOT legalize cannabis UNTIL such a regulatory framework stands, has been vetted and re-vetted and re-vetted once again just for good measure before it is finally promulgated. And THAT's how it's done, Thailand! Germany saddles up its horse before riding it. 

• Like 1