British Non-settlement Visa

I am looking through the form on the net. I want to get everything right first go and I've got a few questions about the financing of the trip.

If my girlfriend were to come with me to England we would travel together and I wouldn't have a proof of income or much savings to speak of since I will have been in Thailand for 6-8 months. I will get a job once back in the UK, most likely within a month, but I doubt information like that holds much sway. She wont be receiving any income while she is in the UK. At least at the very beginning of her stay she would be staying at my family's house.

Would my parents financial statements which are very healthy be proof of income along with a letter saying they will support her be sufficient?

What value should I place in 6.1 (how much money is available)? If the real case is as much as she needs, should my parents' letter just state a sum of say £5000 and then place that value in the form even if it has little to do with the truth?

Thanks in advance

Yes, your parents may act as financial sponsors. They should provide a letter which states their willingness to support your girlfriend and supply evidence of their ability to do so. With to question 6.1, it is acceptable to write something along the lines of, "Refer to Mr. and Mrs. X's enclosed bank statements."

Scouse.

Thanks scouse. I'm only researching on the possibilty we might want to come to the UK to visit my family and its giving me a headache. I'm just so scared of getting a refusal based on my incompetance or lack of understanding.