Single entry tourist visa show all accommodations?

Im a US citizen applying for a SETV for when I land in Bangkok on July 11. I'm going to extend to bring total visa validity to 90 days. I don't have all my stays booked, only the first 30 days. I'm wondering if thats okay as I'm trying to coordinate with friends that are coming in August and we have not decided on a place. I am able to book a place for maybe 45 out of the 60 days, currently I have a place booked for 30 of the 60 days. But I'm wondering how far I have to go in terms of explicitly booking all places ahead of time.

I'm doing month stays in AirBnbs. Also planning to apply for a retry permit around 60 days into my visa, I'll be going to Seoul for a week. 

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Proof of accommodations are not required for a single entry tourist visa application.

You may be required to provide a ticket out of the country within 60 days to do the application.

Requirements are here: https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/

You will do the application on the e visa site.

You can get a single re-entry permit to keep the remainder of the 60 day entry and or the 30 day extension of it valid when you enter the country.

3 hours ago, gravitybeamemitter said:

I'm doing month stays in AirBnbs. Also planning to apply for a retry permit around 60 days into my visa, I'll be going to Seoul for a week. 

If you leave Thailand within your first 60 days that you get from your tourist visa, then instead of applying for a 30 day extension plus re-entry permit, you could consider entering visa exempt when you return from Seoul.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Proof of accommodations are not required for a single entry tourist visa application.

You may be required to provide a ticket out of the country within 60 days to do the application.

Requirements are here: https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/

You will do the application on the e visa site.

You can get a single re-entry permit to keep the remainder of the 60 day entry and or the 30 day extension of it valid when you enter the country.

And yet the Thai embassy in London says that proof of accommodation is required for a single-entry tourist visa.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84451-tourist-visa

11 hours ago, Knorozov said:

And yet the Thai embassy in London says that proof of accommodation is required for a single-entry tourist visa.

But it only has to be for the first place you stay at.  You might want to check the e visa site to confirm what is required to do the application.

13 hours ago, Knorozov said:

Also the Thai embassy in Canberra Australia requires a booked and fully paid accommodation for all your entire stay in Thailand on a single entry tourist visa .  Regards Popa

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

But it only has to be for the first place you stay at.  You might want to check the e visa site to confirm what is required to do the application.

For me its two part. 
One is a section where I broadly define all places of stay via text input selecting stay type (hostel, hotel, etc), stay name, stay city stay zip. 
Two is a section where I upload documentation confirming accomodation, its language is "Proof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. Accommodation bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand"

Is it possible for me to avoid all of this in the immediate by doing Visa exempt 30 day entry, then while in my 30 days applying for a SETV?

48 minutes ago, gravitybeamemitter said:

Is it possible for me to avoid all of this in the immediate by doing Visa exempt 30 day entry, then while in my 30 days applying for a SETV?

You can apply for a 30 day extension of your 30 day visa exempt entry.

You cannot apply for a tourist visa while in the country. It can only be applied for at a Thai embassy or consulate.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a 30 day extension of your 30 day visa exempt entry.

You cannot apply for a tourist visa while in the country. It can only be applied for at a Thai embassy or consulate.

If I fill out an E Visa online how would they know? By tracking that I am already in the country?

3 minutes ago, gravitybeamemitter said:

If I fill out an E Visa online how would they know? By tracking that I am already in the country?

You would still have to leave and re-entry the country to use the visa.

Almost as easy to apply for the tourist visa at a nearby embassy or consulate. Apply the morning of one day and pickup the next afternoon.

58 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would still have to leave and re-enter the country to use the visa.

Almost as easy to apply for the tourist visa at a nearby embassy or consulate. Apply the morning of one day and pickup the next afternoon.

Okay to confirm you are saying its comparable to leaving the country to a neighbor country (like Vietnam), visiting the consulate or embassy there, and doing the SETV visa process with them?

50 minutes ago, gravitybeamemitter said:

Okay to confirm you are saying its comparable to leaving the country to a neighbor country (like Vietnam), visiting the consulate or embassy there, and doing the SETV visa process with them?

It would be the same visa but it would be a sticker in your passport.

You could apply in Vientiane Laos for one. No need for tickets in or out or accommodations.

Info is here on their  appointment page. https://thaivisavientiane.com/#

Travel overland to cross the bridge in Nong Khai to Vientiane or fly into Udon Thani and to the bridge from there.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It would be the same visa but it would be a sticker in your passport.

You could apply in Vientiane Laos for one. No need for tickets in or out or accommodations.

Info is here on their  appointment page. https://thaivisavientiane.com/#

Travel overland to cross the bridge in Nong Khai to Vientiane or fly into Udon Thani and to the bridge from there.

Thank you for the information, I am extremely grateful. 

One more scenario to run by you.
If I don't receive my Single Entry Tourist Visa from Washington DC in time (submitted 1 week before I land in Thailand, 5 days before I fly out of the country). Enter on visa exempt then apply for 30 day exempt extension in Chang Watthana (Muang Thong Thani exempt extension office moved). In this scenario I hard cut my trip to 60 days unless I border run. What do you think? Main question with this is my exit flight booked in the 28 of August, is immigration or the airline going to give me a hard time of not having an exit flight exactly 30 days to the exempt issue date (in the event that I am reject a 30 day exempt extension).