TM6 scraped ,how to do the TM30

I am confused about the TM30. I believe the person whose residence you stay at must fill this out. What happens when you are traveling frequently. I understand hotels do it but what happens with private residences and how does this effect the traveller? Does the traveller need to submit anything?

2 hours ago, Hugh Cow said:

I am confused about the TM30. I believe the person whose residence you stay at must fill this out. What happens when you are traveling frequently. I understand hotels do it but what happens with private residences and how does this effect the traveller? Does the traveller need to submit anything?

When a hotel or etc do a TM30 report it does not change anything for you. No need to do anything at immigration.

• Like 1

I returned from the UK 3 weeks ago.

I went to Immigration in Chiang Mai with my wife who completed the form.

The Uniformed man there who was in charge said that it was no longer needed.

They never took the form.

But I have a friend who rents his Condo through AirB&B and he has to do it for his Tenant.

If you’re at the same address, married, we were told not necessary.

I will know for sure when I go tomorrow to renew my annual Retirement Visa, and they don’t make me pay a fine for not reporting in!,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tazmo said:

I returned from the UK 3 weeks ago.

I went to Immigration in Chiang Mai with my wife who completed the form.

The Uniformed man there who was in charge said that it was no longer needed.

They never took the form.

But I have a friend who rents his Condo through AirB&B and he has to do it for his Tenant.

If you’re at the same address, married, we were told not necessary.

I will know for sure when I go tomorrow to renew my annual Retirement Visa, and they don’t make me pay a fine for not reporting in!,

Interesting.

I also returned abour 3 weeks ago, same address (I own my condo) and I had to do TM30 update. Also CM. I don't think being married to a Thai is the difference? I am not.

Anyway, it would be good news, please post your extension experience as a reply to this. Thanks.

7 hours ago, Captor said:

What about when wanting to do a extension 1 year based on marriage. Do I need the TM6 then?

You would need one unless you have recently entered the country and did not need one.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You would need one unless you have recently entered the country and did not need one.

Thank you very much, Ubonjoe. Maybe I should mention that I will enter Thailand 8:th August on a Non-O based on marriage. And then 60 days later I will apply for the 1 year extension also based on marriage. So I will not need one then?

59 minutes ago, Captor said:

So I will not need one then?

Yes

There has already been reports of people not needing one to enter the country. You can't give immigration something that you didn't get when arriving.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

There has already been reports of people not needing one to enter the country. You can't give immigration something that you didn't get when arriving.

Right! I was thinking if not getting one on the plane I can find one on the airport. But if not on the plane I guess they scrap them on the airport as well. Thank you very much. Very appreciated!