A baby mouse in the school dinner? Netizens comment in droves

webfact

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Kids (parents) have to pay for there children's lunches.  It isn't free. 

Usually the money is squandered and the kids get old rice and rotten vegetables. 

.....Or in this case baby mouse parts. 

is a secret to rest style chinese fried rice..is the leftover rice covered in soy and msg...is my job

also why i no longer cook here..shocked by what i saw working in LOS

10 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

What's the big deal?

Pork intestines and congealed pork blood "cubes", grilled lizards, insects in any form and description, steamed "maengdar", skewered tarantulas, morning glory straight from the cesspool, jellyfish and sea cucumbers, half raw cockles, duck fetuses in their eggshells, "dancing" shrimps, ant eggs, snake blood, fermented fish, fermented rice paddy crabs, dried squid and octopus, dog and cat meat in the upper northeast. And yes, even grilled or fried baby mice and rats are served in quite a few Thai regions. 

Quite right - the school was probably not named for defamation reasons as usual......  but haven't you guys ever seen Isaan food before????

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Some netizens joked it looked a bit like a sausage and could easily have been eaten.

What does a 4-legged sausage taste like?

I don't know they run so fast I can't catch one.

9 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

is a secret to rest style chinese fried rice..is the leftover rice covered in soy and msg...is my job

also why i no longer cook here..shocked by what i saw working in LOS

My wife leaves her cooked rice overnight to make fried rice also.

Most public schools in Thailand use low grade rice.  

That said, my daughter enjoys her school lunches at her school which run about 30 50 baht a day.  It's a privately run school in Issan. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

My wife leaves her cooked rice overnight to make fried rice also.

Most public schools in Thailand use low grade rice.  

That said, my daughter enjoys her school lunches at her school which run about 30 50 baht a day.  It's a privately run school in Issan. 

I bet that she doesn't enjoy the UK's staple school dinner pudding, 'Chocolate Concrete with lumpy custard'.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

I bet that she doesn't enjoy the UK's staple school dinner pudding, 'Chocolate Concrete with lumpy custard'.

She usually brings that home to me. 

• Haha 1

That's nothin. I once had a baby rat fall in my kao soi from the rafters above. 
I fell off my chair and all the idiots sitting next to us thought nothing of it. The staff came over and took the infected lunch and we did not have to pay. Wow! Mamma rat was up in the rafters looking down at baby rat. Needless to say I never returned to that dirty shop.

Edited by Pouatchee

32 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Seriously,  they eat rat and they love it.

I'm not doubting that Thais eat rat but you named this a Thai staple.

However, a small percentage of the population eating a foodstuff does not make it a staple.

The reason for my meme was due to your David Attenborough impersonation (a rat is the same as a bat without wings.).

That's equivalent to me stating that humans are very similar to kangaroos, as we both have 2 legs. :shock1::cheesy: