Outside: NYY Cable in Flexible Conduit?

carlyai

I have to run 3  x power cables from my submersible pump and tap pressure switch to my pump control box.

One cable is the flat 3 core sub. pump cable and the other two are NYY 2 chore and 3 chore from/to the tap pressure switch.

I was thinking of putting them all in flexible 1" yellow PVC and cable tying the flexible PVC to the bottom of the 1" PVC water pipe.

The distance from the pressure switch to the pump box is about 6m.

Think that's OK or can you see a problem with the installation?

20220704_173909.jpg

20220704_173926.jpg

20220704_174117.jpg

If you paint the Flex, it will last much longer as it has no resistance to UV.

If available, a short length of PE ( see picture) will do the job and last much longer, though not as flexible as the Yellow Flex.

FYI: All the blue  & yellow PVC on the exterior can also be painted to extend its lifespan (looks better too), as the locally available product appears to have little or no UV resistance.

Cheers, T

IMG_3530.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wanderer555 said:

as it has no resistance to UV

There are available corrogated conduits (flexi) which are UV resistant but I doubt you'll find any in Thailand.

Another option is the grey pvc flex conduit which stands up really well outdoors but again......... Thailand.

https://www.cabac.com.au/ccs2550

https://www.omegapower.com.au/product/conduit-flex-pvc-63mm-grey-15m/3011125

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wanderer555 said:

If you paint the Flex, it will last much longer as it has no resistance to UV.

If available, a short length of PE ( see picture) will do the job and last much longer, though not as flexible as the Yellow Flex.

FYI: All the blue  & yellow PVC on the exterior can also be painted to extend its lifespan (looks better too), as the locally available product appears to have little or no UV resistance.

Cheers, T

IMG_3530.jpeg

Thanks. Trouble is I have to bend it round the fence with the water pipe and that pipe is not flexible enough.

I looked up painting PVC kn Google and some said use water paint, use oil based paint, don't use acrylic, use acrylic, all over the place. Sometimewoodworker is usually right so I bought acrylic and primer spray can.

See what happens. ????

1 hour ago, bluejets said:

There are available corrogated conduits (flexi) which are UV resistant but I doubt you'll find any in Thailand.

Another option is the grey pvc flex conduit which stands up really well outdoors but again......... Thailand.

https://www.cabac.com.au/ccs2550

https://www.omegapower.com.au/product/conduit-flex-pvc-63mm-grey-15m/3011125

Bought some acrylic and primer in a spray can. Can says it's good paint for everything, so it must work ????

5 hours ago, carlyai said:

Thanks. Trouble is I have to bend it round the fence with the water pipe and that pipe is not flexible enough.

I looked up painting PVC kn Google and some said use water paint, use oil based paint, don't use acrylic, use acrylic, all over the place. Sometimewoodworker is usually right so I bought acrylic and primer spray can.

See what happens. ????

Don’t forget to use some 220 grit to take the shine off the PVC

• Like 2

1 minute ago, carlyai said:

This is the paint I bought. Paint and Primer. (I'd say shake very well).

20220706_064937.jpg

I worked for a company that painted nearly everything in Battleship Grey. So when it came time to respray my FJ Holden, it's colour was not quite Battleship Grey. ????