Insurance firms cheated out of ฿500m in fake COVID-19 insurance claims

snoop1130

Not the only country. When you have one side looking to save money (Ins. Co.) and one side trying to make money (Consumers), it appears few restrictions were put in place due to greed.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not the only country. When you have one side looking to save money (Ins. Co.) and one side trying to make money (Consumers), it appears few restrictions were put in place due to greed.

the usa  was rife with corruption     

What goes around comes around. Insurance companies are the biggest cheats out there.

I had a genuine claim, but the insurance company I had the policy with had already gone bankrupt, or so the story went...

• Like 2

GF tried to claim for her and daughter from their insurance. They made it impossible. Never answered phone calls, insisted on real rather than copies of documents, posted to them, not emailed. Then sent email claiming they never received them.

In the end she gave up as she no longer had the original documents to prove anything and could never get through to them.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He disclosed that, during the peak of the pandemic, a number of insurance companies rushed to pay compensation to their clients, in order to ease their financial burdens, and examination of the documents filed for compensation was, therefore, more cursory than usual.

Surely the claims would have been backed up by a hospital/doctors stamp verifying infection?

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Robbers robbing the robbers blind?

He disclosed that, during the peak of the pandemic, a number of insurance companies rushed to pay compensation to their clients, in order to ease their financial burdens, and examination of the documents filed for compensation was, therefore, more cursory than usual.

I read this initially as to ease the insurance companies' financial burdens but now realise it mean the Insured Persons.

This is odd, considering the type of insurance, which didn't pay out based on expenses incurred but a fixed amount to anyone who had proof of developing covid-19.

And, having worked in insurance most of my life, I don't know any insurers who have ever rushed to pay claims without doing a proper assessment.....up until now!!

insurance companies all around the world are the same they love taking your money but try to get a payout and y wait for ever Thailand is no different        By the way I just had my gold necklace stolen by a ladyboy  when can I get my money haha