Should Thailand buy oil and gas from Russia and Iran?

webfact

1 hour ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Good Morning ???? 

The Question is Thailand, Do you support Oppression, Dictatorship and Genocide !!?

Some very serious!! Questions ! 

Well as the song goes "two out of three ain’t bad"… 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, flossie35 said:

Why should Thailand suck up to the USA, who have a long tradition of lying when it comes to wars, including his one, which they provoked, using NATO. Thailand should do what's best for Thailand.

Thats what I said. And who said anything about the US?

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RickyJB said:

How about drilling for your own oil and gas instead of relying on other countries. Or has the green brigade and bill gates been filling too many thai politicians pockets for that to happen? 

Bill Gates .... ????!!! Oh my dear old aunt!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jethro69 said:

"never taken a side in any war"??? Prove me wrong, but during Vietnam war Thailand was one of only 5 who were allies with the US. I think the only good thing that came out of it was Pattaya.????

Vietnam was a police action.  Lol.

Congress authorized troop deployment in Vietnam, but, because it did not issue a declaration of war on North Vietnam or the Viet Cong, the Vietnam War is, technically speaking, not considered a war in the United States.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, starky said:

Well as a country that sucks up to China. And as a country that has never taken a side in any war as their only interest is their self interest I don't see why not.

Money number 1 always seemed like a bit of a fancy but in this context it just shows Thailand for what it really is, a base nation in the truest sense of the word with no morals, no real values, ignoble and at times apathetic of and incredibly cruel to its own populace.

Don't forget, too, that Thailand was the only ASEAN nation not to condemn the atrocities in Myanmar. The strongest comment made was that 'Thailand expressed concern'. But then, a military-dominated government is never going to condemn another military government.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, starky said:

Well as a country that sucks up to China. And as a country that has never taken a side in any war as their only interest is their self interest I don't see why not.

Money number 1 always seemed like a bit of a fancy but in this context it just shows Thailand for what it really is, a base nation in the truest sense of the word with no morals, no real values, ignoble and at times apathetic of and incredibly cruel to its own populace.

With all due respect, I don't know from where you come from, but where about money has to do with moral ? 
Why Thailand should deprive herself from a better deal with Russia ? Did Russia attack Thailand ? 
What about countries that make business with Saudi ? (as an example but not only...) ... Western countries should look at her own bump before watching at the bump on the back of others... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Don't forget, too, that Thailand was the only ASEAN nation not to condemn the atrocities in Myanmar. The strongest comment made was that 'Thailand expressed concern'. But then, a military-dominated government is never going to condemn another military government.

Bro, I came here for the cheap noodle soup and 35 degree death heat.   I am as blind as blind is........if you say these things, I'll simply tell you 5 people got shot in America yesterday.  Oh, 10,000 killed in Burma?  Again, I'm here for the noodle soup and did you see that shooting in America?   Oh, 40,000?  50,000?    Please let me follow the headline news and don't get me off track.  

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, bignbad said:

Even if they did, do you all really think the price of fuel at the pumps would go down, or the profits be shared amongst the people?

I hope it will. In Thailand the price of fuel really goes up and down.

Thailand definitely should buy oil, gas, fertilizer, gold from Russia (and all other sources if profitable)  to strengthen its economy and peoples prosperity.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

Bro, I came here for the cheap noodle soup and 35 degree death heat.   I am as blind as blind is........if you say these things, I'll simply tell you 5 people got shot in America yesterday.  Oh, 10,000 killed in Burma?  Again, I'm here for the noodle soup and did you see that shooting in America?   Oh, 40,000?  50,000?    Please let me follow the headline news and don't get me off track.  

I'm here for the mangos, and bbq'd coconut rice in bamboo stalks.

America & Burma ... lands far far away of no interests.  Honey, where's the rolling papers at ?

36 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

AFAIK Iran is not invading anyone, buying oil and gas from them is different to buying oil and gas from Russia. Money going there only helps finance Putin's war.

AFAIK Iran wishes to totally annihilate the State of Israel.  Which is why a lot of countries would like to prevent Iran from getting to use nuclear weapons.

20 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

Not a chance.

I’d rather pay more than support Putin.

Easy to say if you have a good guaranteed income.

My relatives, and a lot of other people, are struggling back in Europe with utility bills tripled.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Not a good idea. There would be a chance that Thailand might end up subject to secondary US sanctions, and if they included the sort of financial sanctions imposed on Russia and Iran then the Thai banking system might end up locked outside SWIFT and foreigners would be unable to access their pensions and savings held abroad. On top of driving hundreds of thousands of retirees out of the country as a result, it would also single-handedly destroy the foreign tourism industry, unless visitors are willing to pay for everything in gold or crypto.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Buying oil from Putin = supporting his evil regime = supporting the killing of children and the bombing of cities.  If these are not your problem - then go ahead, do whatever you want. And the h*** with you.

P.S. I know well that EU still buys from Putin. But they currently do whatever they can to reduce the dependency from the Russian gas and oil. To start buying it now, as some morally challenged people might consider - would be an act of crime against humanity.

Edited by Hellfire
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

Thailand should not buy oil and gas from Russia until such time as Russia has been brought to its knees or Putin has been removed. To do so is further aiding Russia's destrucion of Ukraine and threatens world peace and good order.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jeanrem said:

With all due respect, I don't know from where you come from, but where about money has to do with moral ? 
Why Thailand should deprive herself from a better deal with Russia ? Did Russia attack Thailand ? 
What about countries that make business with Saudi ? (as an example but not only...) ... Western countries should look at her own bump before watching at the bump on the back of others... 

With all due respect back, I believe I said I don't see why not. 

3 hours ago, internationalism said:

Thailand, and so many countries around the world (that including the USA) are still buying oil and gas from russia.

The US banned importation of all Russian fuels, including coal on March 8th, but hey, don't let facts get in the way of your rants.

• Like 1

I guess the question of whether Thailand should purchase Oil and Gas from Russia and Iran is really a question about Moral Standards and Integrity.

To purchase Oil and Gas from Russia or Iran would certainly raise these issues among the Western Nations, who are Thailand biggest Export Market.

1 hour ago, plus7 said:

I hope it will. In Thailand the price of fuel really goes up and down.

Thailand definitely should buy oil, gas, fertilizer, gold from Russia (and all other sources if profitable)  to strengthen its economy and peoples prosperity.

Ain't no peoples prosperity in Thailand mate, where you been? It all flows directly into the pockets of a select few. Much the same the world over tbh...

6 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

The US banned importation of all Russian fuels, including coal on March 8th, but hey, don't let facts get in the way of your rants.

as I have explained, any direct importer (and exporter, for example Saudi Arabia - as I have red) can mix russian oil to volume 49% with oil originating from somewhere else, to not declare origin of that smaller part. Extra profit to be made is some 25%, so very tempting to some. 

That is fact and it's you who are ranting

Edited by internationalism

Don't get involved in politics which are none of your business. The Ukraine needs to be dealt with those who are concerned, i.e. Ukraine, Russia and NATO. All others may offer help but should only open their mouth if asked to do so.

What I also admire, is Thailands precision in being able to report the production of 531,328.59 barrels per day 

• Like 1

Yes buy it the impound the delivery ships remove the engines and put them in submarines or buy from somewhere that doesn't have a genocidal maniac in charge very difficult situation for a general masquerading as a PM ????

1 hour ago, blazes said:

AFAIK Iran wishes to totally annihilate the State of Israel.  Which is why a lot of countries would like to prevent Iran from getting to use nuclear weapons.

IMO the State of Israel can look after itself very well, and has proved that multiple times. There seems to be an under the carpet mentality when it comes to the question of whether Israel possesses nuclear weapons, it certainly has capable engineers and technicians for building them. That genie is already out of the bottle, when a hermit kingdom such as North Korea has them.

The Iranians selling oil and gas to Thailand is no big deal to me. Russia is a different kettle of fish.