What to do if you catch COVID in post-pandemic Thailand

webfact

My son caught it a couple of weeks back after 2 Sinopharm shots, 1 case of COVID and then 2 Pfizer shots. (I'm not calling any of those shots vaccines). This last episode was like a bad cold. Achy, slight fever and sore throat. He stayed home and isolated. Food was brought and left on the porch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

My mrs was diagnosed with it yesterday, she's in bed right now, unfortunately she has probably passed it onto me, at 45 she is considerably younger than me, she is also much fitter and healthier than myself, fingers crossed that the vaccines work and keep me out of hospital & trouble.

My wife who is 40 and a lot younger than me and our 6 year old daughter both caught Covid about two months ago.

Despite living in the same house and my wife and I sharing the same bed, plus I play a lot of close contact games with my daughter it missed me.

I have had 2 AZ and 1 Modena vaccines and try to keep my immune system strong.

Maybe lucky or she didn’t cough on me at the right time.

8 hours ago, DezLez said:

If it is being treated as the common cold in the hospitals then it should be treated the same way outside and cut all the BS re masks etc.

Perhaps a large proportion of those wearing masks are infected and don’t want to spread it to others. 
This is what is called the X factor. Someone needs to investigate this in detail. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

If you have mild or no symptoms, do not rush to the nearest hospital for treatment. Medical treatment for COVID-19 patients is no longer free at all hospitals.

As this article is in English, I just presume that it is also targeted at foreigners in Thailand. So, was medical treatment for foreign Covid-19 patients ever free at all?

"Crikey! I've got the sniffles and a tickly cough. Get me to A&E quick smart!"

Millions of people across the world will never be the same after the fearmongering during the past 2 years.

For the rest of us, all we can do is sit, watch and chuckle to ourselves a little. Weak minded fools.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, DezLez said:

If it is being treated as the common cold in the hospitals then it should be treated the same way outside and cut all the BS re masks etc.

A small piece of cloth that helps protect you and others isn’t an issue for a normal person. It’s just the anti maskers that continue the BS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

I'm not going to call it "post" anything until I haven't seen my mask for about a week.  

Seeing the number of infected people around me, and rising daily my mask is firmly fitted.

• Like 1

but pandemic is not over yet. Switch was planned for 1st July, but decision was deterred and now, with rising infections, rather won't be taken yet.

All infected thai and migrant workers were given covid kits - some medicines, termometer, some food (mama noodles). They had download daily temperature and other symptoms to application. Sometimes health volunteers were visiting them with food/water.

But for foreigners it was paid health service. Some were forced to pay around 14k for anti-viral medicines, but that way avoiding forced isolation in hospitels. 

masks would be coming back within short time. Who knows what restrictions might be also back. That's is right now happening in Europe

Likewise my mask is firmly fitted, even if I go out to the gate for post/deliveries  Covid is far from over...

3 weeks ago a old Lady in the Village got it, she has been in Hospital for last 2 weeks, she never goes out + in  wheelchair for past 2 years.....  another Lady around 50 got it 3 days ago, yesterday another young Lady she is 21 has it...  Village is out in the sticks 66 detached houses 4 of these are empty

So for me is worrying, as cannot have the Vaccine + I'm classed as high risk  

What do you do if you catch a cold in Thailand post pandemic? What if it is seasonal flu?

A home covid-19 home test is a good start. Omicron is no joke and probably higher fatality rate than flu for certain people but most will  be fine  with home care, cough drop, tylenol and rest. Call your Doctor, Check online resources,  Almost everyone who wants to be is vaccinated and boosted already time to stop freaking out and learn to live with the virus . Forced isolation for wealthy foreigners in pricey hospitals force fed dubious anti virals is just a moeny spinning game.

Seems this one is endemic and not largely fading away like the  like Sars 1  "Bird Flu" or MERS.

19 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

My son caught it a couple of weeks back after 2 Sinopharm shots, 1 case of COVID and then 2 Pfizer shots. (I'm not calling any of those shots vaccines). This last episode was like a bad cold. Achy, slight fever and sore throat. He stayed home and isolated. Food was brought and left on the porch.

The jab does not stop your son getting covid it reduces the severity of the episode. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, swm59nj said:

Just because some people get mild symptoms doesn’t mean others won’t end up in the hospital.

Some people brag saying they got Covid and it was no big deal.  And ask why the vaccines and precautions .  But if these same people got Covid and got seriously sick.  They would be crying why they either didn’t get vaccinated or take precautions. 

Covid is not a cold or the flu.  If it was just a cold they wouldn’t have vaccines for it. And thousands and thousands of people wouldn’t be getting this so called cold simultaneously. 

I have a vaccine every year for flu what's the difference?

On 7/6/2022 at 9:07 AM, keith101 said:

If the Government posted the real numbers from full testing they would not be re elected and IMO that's what is driving the continuing low testing and reported numbers .

They were not elected in the first place. 

First they had a coup and later , in order to give themselves a thin veneer of democracy they shoehorned themselves back into power by eliminating other parties that posed a threat to their success in a sham election.

Up until April this year, no-one in my Thai extended family had Covid. Since then, 6 family members in one house have had it in 2 waves, and 3 didn't. in another house on our farm one member had it (caught from a neighbour). Also 3 neighbours in 2 separate houses have had it. Just waiting for the inevitable......

Our daughters class from school have weekly testing, and most weeks one turns up positive. Pandemic over? Ha Ha!

Just lucky the fatality rate is now very low. Not so lucky for the 6-10 million who have already died with it globally.