Lost TM6

I arrived today (6\7) at Suvumbharmi airport and after arriving in Pattaya I cannot find my TM 6 departure slip anywhere, so I will be off to Immigration Soi  5 early tomorrow (7/7) to sort it out.

What is procedure and any cost please?

Edited by twix38
Update

I arrived on visa exempt and am renting condo and owner says need to report my stay to Immigration with tm6. I am assuming it is same system as before. I was given tm6 on plane and completed it and given to airport immigration with passport so I did get one. Either wasn't given departure slip back or I lost it. 

Edited by twix38

I returned from Europe last Monday and filled in a TM6 arrival card during the flight. I handed it over to the I/O together with my passport, and she simply took the TM6 card away. I'm therefore not worrying at all.

• Like 2

Arrived Tuesday, Qatar Airways handed them out, handed it over at immigration but never returned it, I asked about this and he confirmed they're not used anymore. Why airlines are continuing to hand them out I have no idea. 

7 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

If you're savvy enough to start a thread you're probably savvy enough to read others as well?

I needed a copy of mine,  I think, when I went for a Proof of Residence letter for renewal of driving licence at Jomtien a week or so back. They didn't ask for it at the counter, but it was on the list of documents needed and they didn't throw it back at me.

If you lose your TM6 stub given back to you when you enter it is no problem on leaving as you just fill that part out again on departure as I did on my last visit. Its a very common issue.

3 minutes ago, rbpeters said:

If you lose your TM6 stub given back to you when you enter it is no problem on leaving as you just fill that part out again on departure as I did on my last visit. Its a very common issue.

That has always been the case.

It's more of an issue for folk living in Thailand and have required the tm6 for some interactions with immigration.

On 7/7/2022 at 8:52 AM, paddyfield7 said:

This raises the question why THAI AIRWAYS is still distributing TM6 cards during their inbound flights.....

They've probably left it on their "standing orders" of things to do, because it is only a temporary suspension and re-instituting the practice after stopping will be troublesome, and it is no real hardship to the staff.

Yes, I know it smarts of good logical thinking and not the normal level that we experience here.

Does anyone recall when 90 day reports were suspended during amnesty period. 

Then later immigration made an announcement that anyone that had skipped reports needed to report to immigration.

Think it was August 2020.

Rule #1 ..never assume immigration has a clue.  

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Does anyone recall when 90 day reports were suspended during amnesty period. 

Then later immigration made an announcement that anyone that had skipped reports needed to report to immigration.

Think it was August 2020.

I skipped 90 day reporting from April (report was due in April) to August in 2020 and did a catch up report when I went to immigration to apply for my extension.

Not sure all offices were wanting the reports to be done in August. I think in reality it was only Bangkok pushing it. There was certainly no official written order to do them then.

In the case of not getting a TM6 on entry if immigration wanted it for something they could give you a new one to complete and stamp.

57 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure all offices were wanting the reports to be done in August. I think in reality it was only Bangkok pushing it

Indeed it was Bangkok.

The bottom line is that myself and many others had to go in person to MTT at the time.

Personally I don't trust the suspension of tm6.

For tourists fine, for those that live in Thailand I can imagine being asked to attend immigration for a tm6 if you don't have one and require one for eg residence certificate etc. 

38 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Personally I don't trust the suspension of tm6.

For tourists fine, for those that live in Thailand I can imagine being asked to attend immigration for a tm6 if you don't have one and require one for eg residence certificate etc. 

I assume most immigration offices will be aware that immigration at the airports are not doing a TM6 at this time.

It was even announced on the Immigration Bureau Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid02snGEaDt6ZMy9wiUw11r2bPDigJP3VoCRLG3YiLUkQLDFbw3kp6H5ZCenCGP6nKa9l&id=100068925981064

It also has a link to the Royal Gazette announcing the order by the Interior Ministry. 

http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2565/E/155/T_0006.PDF?fbclid=IwAR34XPoJdqJde2ZeUHGw2-79jP14DUMppITmmDXmYcaxHvVx_5g1kWRBVDk